Discus » Andrews genealogy » Sylvia Andrews « Previous Next »

Admin (Admin)
Username: Admin

Posted From: 211.30.187.44
Posted on Saturday, April 19, 2008 - 3:21 pm:   

Sent: Monday, 14 April 2008 5:26 AM
Subject: Sylvia Andrews
Hello :

I wonder if you have come across an Andrews family in Australia in your research that had a daughter who moved to the United States.

Sylvia Andrews (middle initial I in one doc. and A in another) was 34 in November 1917 when she arrived in North America, so born around 1883. 1918 she married an Englishman, Ernest Frederick Old, in Seattle, Washington and had 2 daughters, May Junsen Old born 1918 and Frances F. Old born 1919. They were living in Seattle 1920 Census and moved to Alameda, California by 1930. Sylvia died March 20, 1970 at Alameda.

There was a Sylvia Andrews born Paddington NSW in 1890, but I don't think it is the one I'm Looking for. However, in Australian Election Rolls 1901 - 1936 there is a Sylvia Irene Andrews at Victoria, Ballarat. Would birth date show on an Electorial Roll, or age in the particular year? Do you think you could help me with this inquiry?

Thank you,
Carol Johnston
Ontario, Canada

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: