Robina A. married Abraham ANDREWS Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Discus » Andrews genealogy » Robina A. married Abraham ANDREWS « Previous Next »

Therese
Posted From: 198.142.167.214
Posted on Thursday, November 20, 2003 - 12:38 pm:   

<b>Monday, 17 November 2003 12:22 PM</b>
Hi Roy

My name is Therese Archinal. I am researching another Andrews family and whilst there has appears to be no connection between "yours" & "mine", a "Robenia" is mentioned in an obituary I have. I wondered if you might have any information on a Robina Andrews? I suspect it could be an error on the part of the obit's author. "My" Andrews are on someone else's website and hale from the "North of Ireland" - County Derry. Brothers Joseph & Robert arrived in 1837 on the "Portland" and eventually settled on the Manning River near Taree.

I couldn't locate "Robina" on your search engine - so maybe she is not part of "your" Andrews either??!! However, I have found via NSW bdm's that:
Robina A. married Abraham ANDREWS (Her name is also spelt as "Rubina" and "Robinna")
Children: Lewis B. born: "Marine" (on a boat?) circa 1864
& died at Wallsend 1925
Jane - born: at Patrick's Plains c. 1865
Robert G. - born Patrick's Plains c. 1868
Robbinna - born Patrick's Plains c. 1870

I have a 1920 death for a Robina Andrews at Wallsend whose parents are listed as Garvin and Janet.
I have a death for an Abraham Andrews at Singleton in 1882 aged 73 yrs
I have a death for an Abraham John Andrews, (s.o. Abraham & Sarah) died 1904.
Abraham John married Alice Maria.
Abraham John had siblings:
Edward - died 1895
William - died 1898
George - died 1903 (married Anne)
James - died 1904 (married Mary Ann)

I'd love to know who "Robina" is - her maiden name and where her husband Abraham fits in.
If you can help solve this mystery, I'd be very pleased. I look forward to hearing from you.
regards
Therese

Roy Andrews
Posted From: 198.142.167.214
Posted on Thursday, November 20, 2003 - 12:39 pm:   

Hi there and thanks for your message re Andrews.
The only thing that I know about my Andrews family is that
they originated fom Bishopstone via Salisbury
in Wiltshire c 1740. My line starts with a
Peter ANDREWS born c1771 at Downton.Peter married Susanna MUNDAY
at Downton on 04/03/1793. Sometime after their marriage they have
moved to Bishopstone via Salisbury as the church records have 10 children
as being baptised there.Abraham ( my 2x great )was one of the 10 children
and he married Sarah GIBBS and emigrated to Australia in 1838 but the other
9 children are a mystery.Abraham came out to Australia in 1838 and left
8000 descendents in the country. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the other
9 children went to the USA or Canada, time may tell.

QUOTE FROM YOUR EMAIL>
I have a death for an Abraham Andrews at Singleton in 1882 aged 73 yrs
I have a death for an Abraham John Andrews, (s.o. Abraham & Sarah) died 1904.
Abraham John married Alice Maria.
Abraham John had siblings:
Edward - died 1895
William - died 1898
George - died 1903 (married Anne)
James - died 1904 (married Mary Ann)

These Andrews are my direct ancestors so I don't know how they are mixed up with
your Robina or "North of Ireland" - County Derry or Brothers Joseph & Robert arrived in
1837 on the "Portland" and eventually settled on the Manning River near Taree.

I think there is another Abraham Andrews (not tied into my mob) - he married Robina Russell
and had a daughter, Janet and son Lewis (b 1864). I have some documentaton on this other Abraham from a book
that has been lent to me.
This Robina Russells parents were Janet and Gavin.

let me know what you think,
kind regards,
Roy
Vicki Richardson
Posted From: 149.135.27.36
Posted on Wednesday, September 12, 2007 - 1:55 am:   

Yes there is another Abraham to whom I am linked. I would not be surprised though that they are related somehow having arrived here & lived in Pat Plains. Perhaps a nephew of your lot as he bears the family name of Abraham.
My name is Vicki Richardson daughter of
William Charles & Jean North son of
Grand- Abraham & Florence North son of
Great- William Henry North & Robbennia ANDREWS daughter of -
GG - Abraham ANDREWS & Robbena RUSSELL
I have info (added to by hand by a living relative from a certified death cert of Robb. North...(Abe & Robb m-31/12/1858 Eng? , had 10 children 1864-81 in Patrick P/ Newcastle/Wallsend (NSW BDM)'our lot'
They obviously married before leaving Eng as a lot of children born here after & maybe others before?. I have not researched that far back but would be interested to know anything else Roy you could tell me from that book you mention.
I hope this is of interest to someone or dispells the mystery of 'my Abe'. Would love to hear from anyone with common interest...am just starting this family tree

Regards Vicki
Roy Andrews
Posted From: 211.30.187.44
Posted on Friday, September 28, 2007 - 8:26 am:   

Hi there Vicki and thanks for the message.
If you check my entry (above) posted on Thursday, November 20, 2003 - that will explain my Abraham Andrews and the fact that his family has been accounted for. With t\your Robina Russell - there is documentaion on the Russell family from the Singleton district if you need it.
regards,
Roy
Robina Andrews
Posted From: 124.180.234.146
Posted on Wednesday, January 09, 2008 - 12:27 pm:   

Hi Guys as a joke I typed in my name and it's a little freaky listening to you both discussing about a woman with my same name. - Robina Andrews - i am from Victoria Australia and know my family came here through the Navy

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: