Discus » Surnames A-Z » Rose Family « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
John kennedyJan Brooks05-17-08  2:15 pm
Kittys branchRosey06-18-07  9:44 pm
Roses from the Heart(tm)Christina Henri01-02-08  9:19 pm
  Start New Thread        

kathy
Posted on Sunday, June 22, 2003 - 1:58 am:   

Rose family members born and married in the Singleton area 1830 - 1920.
Roy Andrews
Posted on Monday, June 30, 2003 - 6:52 pm:   

Hi there Kathy, can you give any more details on your Rose family. I'm looking for a Rose that married into the Shearer family.
Regards,
Roy
Anonymous
Posted on Monday, June 30, 2003 - 8:43 pm:   

I have a Rose in my family too
Roy Andrews
Posted on Monday, June 30, 2003 - 9:36 pm:   

Where does your Rose come from???
Anonymous
Posted on Monday, June 30, 2003 - 10:18 pm:   

England
Roy Andrews
Posted on Tuesday, July 01, 2003 - 7:46 pm:   

What a great statement!!! Whereabouts in england??
Roy
Anonymous
Posted on Tuesday, July 01, 2003 - 10:19 pm:   

Now Now
Anonymous
Posted on Tuesday, July 01, 2003 - 10:20 pm:   

Don't be like that.
Anonymous
Posted on Tuesday, July 01, 2003 - 10:22 pm:   

The surname Rose has a link with the gypsies of Southern England
Roy Andrews
Posted on Tuesday, July 01, 2003 - 10:37 pm:   

OK, how about some real genealogy details so that I may be able to help you out???? I'm after a Rose/Shearer family from the Patrick Plains area of NSW, Australia
Anonymous
Posted on Tuesday, July 01, 2003 - 10:49 pm:   

I 'll look into it
Roy Andrews
Posted on Tuesday, July 01, 2003 - 11:09 pm:   

Cool! What is your name???
Kathy
Posted on Wednesday, July 02, 2003 - 1:07 am:   

Roy,
The Rose family I am looking for is Alfred Rose married 1868 Singelton to Catherine Brennan.He was the son of Thomas and Louisa Rose of Wilberforce/Ptricks Pl and Wisemans ferry.Do you know which Rose the Shearer is tied to?I have most of the tree going back to 1749 (from UK Dorset).I am looking to confirm Alfred married Catherine Brennan and any details of her family.
kathy
Posted on Saturday, July 05, 2003 - 4:31 pm:   

anyone able to find anything about a 1868 marriage/PLEASE
Kathy
Roy Andrews
Posted on Saturday, July 05, 2003 - 6:18 pm:   

Hi there Kathy,
I did a lookup on cdrom BDMs for NSW and nothing on the marriage. Maybe write to the Singleton FHS.
They have "tons" of records in their research rooms.

The address is:
Singleton FHS
P. 0. Box 422 Singleton
NSW 2330

I have found some info on Alfred in the Singleton pioneer register. B 01 11 1846, nothing on the marriage.
Contributor:
Mrs M McDonald,
41 Fern Valley Road
Cardiff Heights
NSW
kathy
Posted on Tuesday, July 15, 2003 - 2:23 am:   

Have just recd birth cert of child of Alfred Rose.
Alfred and Catherine BRENNAN in fact were married in Gladstone 1877, not Singleton 1868.Thank you to all for your help.Kathy
Anonymous
Posted on Tuesday, February 03, 2004 - 1:49 pm:   

Looking for info on relatives of the Rose family out of Nuneaton near coventry UK, or Reading UK,
katy hesmondhalgh
Posted on Wednesday, March 24, 2004 - 10:00 pm:   

looking for James Rose b:adt 1832 Innbridge Wells Eng. d:2/2/1912 Albury. M: Anne Slattry 1857 Clare Vic. Anne was B:abt 1842 Ierland, D:25/5/1890 Wangaratta Vic.
Roy Andrews
Posted on Tuesday, March 30, 2004 - 7:28 am:   

Hi there Kate and thanks for the message.

SOME LISTS TO HELP WITH YOUR ROSE FAMILY RESEARCH:

Cyndis list at;
http://www.cyndislist.com/
It is huge and is dedicated to EVERYTHING genealogy.

The other thing to do is join the Rose mail List. Instructions are at;
http://lists5.rootsweb.com/index/surname/r/rose.html

OR for English records:
The Devon UK Discussion board at;
http://members.boardhost.com/devonfhs/

This may help you in your quest,
regards,
Roy Andrews

Barbara Innes
Posted on Saturday, January 22, 2005 - 9:38 pm:   

I have a Book called the Rose Family of the Bellona being the ship they came to Australia in (from Dorset) in 1793. The fourth child of Thomas & Jane Rose was Richard Rose and I am a descendant of Richard and have found Alfred Rose born 12/11/1846 at Macdonald River died 1888 to 1890??at Cania Falls Queensland Married Catherine Brennan no marriage date but they had 4 children named Susan, William, Laurence, and Thomas Alfred all born in Cania Falls. Catherine re-married to someone named ? Brown.
There is a Rose Family Society the Secretary is Noel Crowley P O Box 772 Strathfield Nsw. 2135
Roy Andrews
Posted on Tuesday, January 25, 2005 - 2:58 am:   

Hi there Barbara and thanks for the Rose family info, hopefully some of the people who submitted enquiries will get back to you and join the society.
kaff55
Posted on Tuesday, January 25, 2005 - 5:51 pm:   

Hi Roy, I am sorry havent got back to your board as I finally have unravelled the Rose family I was searching for.
Kathy
kathy
Posted on Tuesday, January 25, 2005 - 6:00 pm:   

The rose Society book the Bellona is very good but the gent who is the grandson of Alfred has joined the Society and also been to visit Rose cottage on a visit from Qld. The information I have on this branch of the family actually differs and I am still working on it.Alfred may have died in Cania and the death not recorded but Cania gorge covers the old mining town and only one recorded death remains.
Alfred actually was not the father of Susan nor William and he also had 2 other chidren born in Lismore. One of the grandchildren of these 2 children is who I am researching for.
Roy Andrews
Posted on Wednesday, January 26, 2005 - 5:28 am:   

Hi there Kathy,
thanks for letting me know, glad you have found your Rose family, the info on this page may help some other researchers one day.
Bernie Hayes
Posted on Sunday, February 20, 2005 - 2:21 pm:   

I am researching Thomas Rose and Louisa they had a child Jemima who married Henry Garrett. Jemima was born 1868 at Patrick Plains NSW. I believe that Thomas wife was Louisa Perkins. whose father I believe is William Perkins and Louisa. These details i need to have confirmed and and data that is available on them. Many thanks.
Bernie
Bernie Hayes
Posted on Sunday, February 20, 2005 - 2:22 pm:   

I am researching Thomas Rose and Louisa they had a child Jemima who married Henry Garrett. Jemima was born 1868 at Patrick Plains NSW. I believe that Thomas wife was Louisa Perkins. whose father I believe is William Perkins and Louisa. These details i need to have confirmed and and data that is available on them. Many thanks.
Bernie
BARBARA INNES
Posted on Monday, February 21, 2005 - 9:04 am:   

KATY i HAVE CHECKED ALL YOUR INFORMATION IN MY "ROSE FAMILY OF THE BELLONA" BOOK AND CAN FIND NONE OF YOUR INFORMATION. WE HAVE LOTS OF JAMES ROSES' BUT NOT YOUR ONE. I GUESS YOU MUST BE CONNECTED TO ANOTHER ROSE FAMILY TREE.
BARBARA INNES
Posted on Monday, February 21, 2005 - 9:41 am:   

BERNIE HAYES
HI BERNIE I CAN GIVE YOU SOME INFORMATION ON YOUR ROSE FAMILY
THOMAS ROSE WAS BORN 25.5.1820 AT WILBERFORCE
HE DIED IN 1898 AT LISMORE.
HE MARRIED LOUISA PERKINS ON 18.8.1845 AT ST MARY MAGDALENE CHURCH AT ST ALBANS MCDONALD RIVER. HE WAS BAPTISED ON 29.10.1820 AT ST MATTHEWS CHURCH AT WINDSOR NSW AND WAS A BLACKSMITH BY TRADE.
HIS WIFE LOUISA WAS THE SECOND CHILD OF WILLIAM PERKINS AND LOUISA (KNOWN AS LUCY) HOLLANDS SHE WAS BORN ON 29.8.1830 AT MCDONALD RIVER AND WAS BAPTISED ON 26.9.1830.
HER FATHER WILLIAM WAS BORN c1799 AND WAS THE FIRST CHILD OF SAMUEL PERKINS AND ELEANOR WILLIAMS. SAMUEL WAS BORN c1773.
HE WAS TRANSPORTED ON "PITT" ON 17.7.1791 AND ARRIVED ON 14.2.1792.
ELEANOR WAS TRANSPORTED ON "BRITTANIA 111" AND ARRIVED ON 18.7.1798.
HER MOTHER LOUISE (LUCY) WAS BORN c1811 AND WAS THE DAUGHTER OF THOMAS COOPER AND MARY HOLLANDS.

THOMAS AND LOUISA LIVED IN THE MCDONALD RIVER AREA TILL 1857 WHEN ELIZABETH THEIR 5TH CHILD WAS BORN AT ROSES SWAMP LOWER HAWKSBURY RIVER.
FROM THERE THEY MOVED TOTHE SINGLETON DISTRICT ABOUT 1858 WITH THE REST OF THOMAS' FAMILY. FIVE MORE CHILDREN WERE BORN HERE THE TENTH BEING LOUISA IN 1870
THOMAS AND LOUISA THEN MOVED c1872 TO THE RICHMOND RIVER WHERE THE LAST CHILD, HENRY WAS BORN IN 1873, PROBABLY WYRALLAH AS ELIZABETH IS RECORDED AS BEING MARRIED TO EDGAR COOKE AT WYRALLAH IN 1873. FROM THERE THEY SETTLED IN NUMULGI.
THOMAS AND LOUISE ARE BELEIVED TO BE BURIED IN LISMORE.
MANY OF THEIR DESCENDANTS ARE STILL LIVING IN THE LISMORE DISTRICT AND THE NORTH EAST AREA.
THOMAS AND LOUISES' CHILDREN ARE AS FOLLOWS

1 ALFRED BORN 12.11.1846 MC DONALD RIVER
DIED 1888 - 1890 CANIA FALLS QLD.
MARRIED CATHERINE BRENNAN

2 MARIA LOIUSE BORN20.11.1848
DIED c1930
MARRIED PETER F W JOACHIM MOLL (1)
MARRIED ?? CUPITT (2)

3 SARAH ELIZABETH BORN 7.6.1851 MC DONALD
RIVER DIED 1867

4 PRISCILLA BORN 15.1.1854 AT MC DONALD RIVER

5 ELIZABETH BORN 23.1.1857 LOWER HAWKESBURY
RIVER DIED 18.6.1904 AT LISMORE
MARRIED (1) EDGAR WILLIAM COOKE 15.10.1873
AT WYRALLAH
MARRIED (2) BENJAMIN KING 1879

6 JONATHON BORN 23.3.1859

7 BENJAMIN BORN 22.1.1863

8 ADA BORN 11.9.1865 AT DARLINGTON SINGLETON
DIED 22.3.1959
MARRIED ROBERT HUDSON IN 1884

9 JEMIMA BORN 12.3.1868 AT DUNOLLY SINGLETON
DIED ???
MARRIED HENRY WILLIAM GARRETT 1888

10 LOUISA BORN 26.9.1870 DARLINGTON SINGLETON
DIED 15.11.1943
MARRIED WILLIAM SMITH (NO ISSUE)

11 HENRY BORN 27.5.1873
DIED 28.4.1944
MARRIED MARTHA DUCK 1902 AT PORT MACQUARIE

HOPE THIS INFO HELPS IF YOU HAVE A FAX I CAN FAX YOU COPY OF PAGE FROM FAMILY BIBLE YOU CAN EMAIL ME AT HOME IF YOU WISH
Bernie Hayes
Posted on Tuesday, February 22, 2005 - 7:25 pm:   

Hi Barbara
WOW thank you ever so much for all that wonderful information.
I would dearly love a fax from the family bible. I will get my daughters fax number and send it to you.
Once again thanking you for the time and effort you have taken to send me that info.

Have a great day :-)

GAIL CARR
Posted on Tuesday, July 19, 2005 - 10:32 pm:   

looking for any informatio on John Rose who married Elizabeth Anne Budsworth
Roy Andrews
Posted on Saturday, July 23, 2005 - 7:27 am:   

Any more info ??? Dates, Country etc
Diane Dickin
Posted on Tuesday, September 06, 2005 - 7:33 pm:   

Hi Gail,
I have just started looking into my husbands family.His great grandmothers name was Elizabeth Anne Budsworth.According to the nsw bdm she married John Rose in 1896 in Tamworth.I dont know yet how many kids they had but Nellie Rose is my husbands grandmother, she is one of 3 girls i think. BDM states Elizabeth was born in 1871 in COONABARABRAN TO James & Catherine Rose
Meredith
Posted on Tuesday, September 20, 2005 - 2:50 pm:   

Hi,
I am a descendant of George ROSE (b. abt 1814 England) and Julia Ann HARTNETT (b. abt 1812 Tipperary, Ireland). George ROSE was transported as a convict on the Georgiana in 1831 and was assigned to the Paterson district in NSW upon arrival.
I don't have details of Julia's arrival or any information on the parents of George or Julia.
Their children are: James (b. abt 1844 NSW) Michael Thomas (b. abt 1845) and George Henry (b. 1846).
I am looking for information on the families of George or Julia and/or their children James - no details of any marriage or of his death, Michael Thomas(my gr gr gr grandfather) married Esther Evelyn JARDINE and George Henry married Elizabeth BARR.
Thanks, Meredith
kathy
Posted on Tuesday, September 20, 2005 - 11:17 pm:   

Hello, Since my last posting I have finalized till the present day of the line of Rose family I was researching. Sadly the gent who I was researching for passed away on August 15th 2005/ He was so happy to have the information I gave himas he had been told by family that his father was born in England . What a delight to show him he descended fromt he first free settlers in Australia.He was a very proud mamber of the Rose family.
I turned up a few surprises on the Alfred Rose line and have yet to forward it to the Rose Society. Thanks to amazing people who pass on information and hopefully in turn I will be able to do the same for them someday.
Happy searching. Thanks Kathy
Barbara Innes
Posted on Thursday, September 22, 2005 - 2:09 pm:   

Hi Meredith
The George Rose you are seeking information on is not a member of the Rose family I am descended from as They came to Australia on board the Bellona in 1793 and after checking in my Rose Family Book there was no mention of Julia Ann Hartnett.

Barbara Innes
Posted on Thursday, September 22, 2005 - 2:46 pm:   

Hi Gail Carr
My name is Barbara Innes. I am descended from the Rose Family of the 'Bellona' who came to Australia in 1793 as the first free settlers.
The John Rose who you are interested in is also descended from this Rose Family. He is the third child of James Rose and Catherine Pintox.
James and Catherine were married on 26.3.1855 at St Albans Macdeonald River. James was born in 1831 at Portland Head and Catherine was born in 1840 at Mangrove Creek
They had three children.
1 Elizabeth Rose born 11/4/1856 Macdonald River and Died 1856
2 Richard Rose born 1857 died 1861
3 John Rose born 1/10/1859 Baptised Christian Israelite Church Singleton and Married Elizabeth Anne Budsworth who was born 1877 and was the daughter of James and Catherine Budsworth.
John & Elizabeth had five children.
1 Agnes M Rose Born 1897
2 Leslie J Rose Born 1898
3 Claude E Rose Born 1901
4 Arthur Rose Born 1902
5 Ernest Rose Born 1904.
This is all the information I have regarding John and Elizabeth Rose I hope it is helpful for you.
Barbara Innes
Posted on Thursday, September 22, 2005 - 2:52 pm:   

Hi Diane Dickin
If you read the information I have just posted for Gail Carr I think you will find it is the same family you are researching. I have not got anything past the children of John & Elizabeth Rose except the names and Birth Dates of their five children.
GAIL CARR
Posted on Thursday, September 22, 2005 - 9:36 pm:   

hi Barbara,thank you for responding to my posting,i have lots of info on the Rose side of my family it's the Budsworth's that i need the info on. Elizabeth Budsworth had 10 children to her marriage with John Rose (I have another 3 to ?, before her marriage to John) James Rose and Catherine Pintox had 11 children that i know of? can I ask you where in the Rose tree are you situated? looking forward to hearing from
Karen Fountaine
Posted on Friday, October 07, 2005 - 11:12 pm:   

Hello,
I am researching the Rose Family as well, although all the early times have been done, there is still many holes to fill, mainly my own name! my husband and children are listed, I somehow was left out.

The reason I am writing is to let ppl know there is and AGM on Sunday 9th October 10am -12.30pm Rose Cottage, Rose St. Wilberforce there will be a BYO BBQ lunch afterwards to meet "Our Family"

cheers
Karen
Karen Fountaine
Posted on Friday, October 07, 2005 - 11:14 pm:   

Date for AGM
9th October 2005

cheers Karen
Amy Marle
Posted on Saturday, October 22, 2005 - 4:28 pm:   

I would like some information on a Clifford Eric Marle i thnik he has some connection with the Rose family. Thankyou
Amy Marle
Posted on Saturday, October 22, 2005 - 4:48 pm:   

*think
Robyn Croft
Posted on Sunday, November 06, 2005 - 8:51 am:   

looking for descendants of William Cobcroft and Elizabeth ROSE married 5/5/1840 Elizabeths parents
were Thomas ROSE and Anne CREW
Ray Harrigan
Posted on Tuesday, November 15, 2005 - 8:43 pm:   

Hi, I am looking for info on Isabella Jane Rose who married Thomas Cross in 1872. Isabella father is Joshua John and mother is Elizabeth Winton. Joshua's parents are John Rose & Mary Lyons
Stephen Marle
Posted on Thursday, November 17, 2005 - 6:28 pm:   

To Ray Harrigan, Isabella Jane Rose b12.3.1853 Bingara d24.7.1900 Bingara bur C of E cemetary m8.7.1872 Warialda, Thomas CROSS b25.8.1853 Windsor s/o George CROSS and Lucy HOSKISSON d14.6.1919 Inglewood, Qld SOURCE:"THE ROSE FAMILY OF THE BELLONA" pg 497 also you could look at www.users.bigpond.com/rosefamilysociety
Ray
Posted on Thursday, November 17, 2005 - 9:06 pm:   

Thanks Stephen That Helped
Ray
Posted on Thursday, November 17, 2005 - 9:06 pm:   

Thanks Stephen That Helped
Stephen Marle
Posted on Sunday, November 20, 2005 - 8:56 pm:   

anybody know about cliff marle of longreach qld aus born approx 1890
Lucy-Anne
Posted on Friday, December 09, 2005 - 5:43 pm:   

I am a descendant of the Rose family through the Thorley's and Law's.
Matthew Graham
Posted on Saturday, December 31, 2005 - 12:21 pm:   

I am researching the Rose Family of the Bellona for two friends. Both are from separate lines of this family. The information I have can be found at www.tribalpages.com/tribes/judyrose .One line I think will help some members of this page. It lists all the children of James Rose and Catherine Pintox and also the Budsworth Family. The second line I am having some trouble with and would appreciate any assistance. I have a Horace James Alfred Rose born 19 May 1923 in Harted N.S.W. He married Thelma Dulcie Evans in 1945. It is believed Horace is from the Bellona line of Roses. If anyone could search the Rose Book or BDM and provide me with any information it would be greatly appreciated.
Stephen Marle
Posted on Monday, January 02, 2006 - 1:05 pm:   

To Matthew Graham,
I could not find a Horace James Alfred Rose or Thelma Dulcie Evans in the Rose Family of the Bellona book.
Stephen Marle
Matthew Graham
Posted on Monday, January 02, 2006 - 10:41 pm:   

Thanks for looking that up for me Stephen. Your family wouldn't by chance be from Warialda would they. My Great Great Grandfather, Isaac Graham, owned a property there called Glen Ridding. I noticed thats your email address. One of his daughters married a Marle.
Stephen Marle
Posted on Monday, January 02, 2006 - 11:13 pm:   

gday matthew isaac graham is my great grandfather roy is my father. glenridding is the property that isaac had dad bought it after tom graham died in 1977.stephen
Barbara Innes
Posted on Tuesday, January 03, 2006 - 2:12 pm:   

Hi Gail Carr sorry for not answering your email sooner but I haven't been doing anything on my family tree lately and have not looked on the site for a while.
I am descended from Richard Rose b1789 he was the youngest child when his parents came to Australia and he was their fourth child. The next line was Richards 8th Child Susannah who married David Gardiner then Susannah's first child Elizabeth who married William Henry Langsford their second child was Rebecker Gardiner who married John Smith These were my great Grand parents their first child was Claude McDonald Smith who was my Paternal Grandfather my father Leslie was the 4th child.
Barbara Innes
Posted on Tuesday, January 03, 2006 - 2:26 pm:   

Hi Gail Carr and Diane Dickin
The info I have is that John Rose did marry Elizabeth Anne Budsworth in 1896 John was born in Singleton on 1.10.1859 and Baptised in the Christian Israelite Church in Singleton
Elizabeth Anne Budsworth born in 1877 was the Daughter of James & Catherine Budsworth. John and Elizabeth had 5 children I have only names and Birth years for them
Agnes M Rose b1897
Leslie J Rose b1898
Claude E Rose b1901
Arthur Rose b1902
Ernest Rose b1904
John was the third child of James Rose and Catherine Pintox
Johns Brother Ephraim Joseph Rose Born 1865 was the 6th child of James and Catherine.
Ephraim married Cecily L Budsworth born1872 she was the daughter of James & Catherine Budsworth as was Elizabeth Anne. Two Brothers married two Sisters.
Hope I have told you something you did not know.
Barbara Innes
Posted on Tuesday, January 03, 2006 - 2:44 pm:   

Gail & Diane
Sorry I just went back and realised that I had answered your emails previously The only new info is regarding Ephraim and Cecily.
Samantha lloyd
Posted on Friday, April 07, 2006 - 4:30 am:   

Hello every one. I put John Rose, Nuneaton, England in my search & this page come up. Has any one got a connection with a John Rose known to be in Nuneaton, England in the mid 60's but emigrated. He had a son called David. If David or any other children of John is reading this, please get in touch.
June
Posted on Sunday, August 06, 2006 - 12:09 am:   

My grandparents were Cecily Lucy Budsworth and Ephraim Joseph Rose. My name is June Scullard and my Mother's name was Evelyn Mary Ada Rose,who married Albert Charles Brouggy.
Denise Marle
Posted on Monday, August 28, 2006 - 2:38 am:   

Hello...to Amy Marle who asked the question 22.10.05. Clifford Eric Marle is my father, I will check for a link to the Rose family.I do have info for Thomas Rose, b1749 in Blandford, Dorsetshire, England, from a book on Warialda Pioneer Families dated May 1982. The Stephen Marle listed here is my cousin, his father, Roy Marle is my fathers brother. I would like to hear from you, as I do not know of an Amy Marle in our family, are you from WA?
Rosemary Pratt
Posted on Sunday, February 11, 2007 - 6:01 pm:   

hi all - I am also descended from Cecily Lucy Budsworth and Ephraim Joseph Rose (am June's daughter). Interesting bit of information for you.....Cecily was the granddaugher of Kitty also known as Black Kitty (Prospect Tribe of the Darug nation)who was one of the first children (four Aboriginal children) placed in the Parramatta Native Institution on 28 December 1814, aged approximately 6 years old. On the 22 June 1822 at aged approx 13 yo she married Colebee, son of Yarrimundi. Colebee died 1931. They had a son Samuel Colebee born 1827.Kitty later married Henry Joseph Budworth aka Budsworth, who was convicted of stealing butter and sent to the colony on the Claudine in 1829. Joseph was assigned to William Cox's farm. They had three sons Joseph,James Bowen(Cecily's father)and John.
Ian Nicholls
Posted on Tuesday, May 22, 2007 - 12:56 am:   

Charles Homer Nicholls married Emma Elizabeth Carter[daughter of Charlotte Rose b.c.1830]. Their son, George, had sons Ronald Charles and Reginald. Reginald married c.1950 and had children Robert and Karen. I'm looking for Robert and Karen, Reginald and wife if still alive.
Kenna French
Posted on Saturday, June 09, 2007 - 5:07 pm:   

Hello i am also descended from Cecily Lucy Budsworth [my great grandmother] I am Ken Julian's [son of Louisa Rose who was one of Cecily's daughters] eldest daughter.
Peg Moghadam
Posted on Tuesday, June 19, 2007 - 8:39 am:   

There are several George Roses in my family tree. If you like, check out this link:
worldconnect.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=SHOW&db=nlemmel&recno=685

Good luck with your search!
Gordonrose
Posted on Thursday, June 21, 2007 - 12:26 pm:   

Rose Family, Patrick Plains
My Name is Gordon Rose
My father's name was
WILLIAM E ROSE - who married - GRACE AUSTIN - at TAMWORTH - IN 1930.
His father's name was
CORNELIUS G ROSE - who married - BRIDGET DEVER - at TAMWORTH - IN 1889.
His father's name was
JAMES ROSE - who married - CATHERINE PINTOX - at the Church of England - LOWER HAWKESBURY - IN 1855.
His father's name was - RICHARD ROSE - who married - SUSANNA RICHARDSON - IN 1817.
Maybe some of you have more information.
Gordon Rose
Wayne
Posted on Sunday, August 12, 2007 - 6:48 am:   

My grandmother was a Pearl Teague - She married a Willie Rose in Scone. Willie Rose is a descendant of Thomas Rose listed in the Rose Family of the Bellona.

I would like to get a copy of the book from the Rose Society but I am told they are out of Print.

Would someone be able to help me please
stephen marle
Posted on Sunday, August 19, 2007 - 5:11 pm:   

wayne the address below might help.

users.bigpond.com/rosefamilysociety
WAYNE
Posted on Saturday, August 25, 2007 - 7:53 am:   

Stephen - Thank you - I will contact the Society

Regards
Sandra Rose
Posted on Sunday, September 09, 2007 - 12:35 pm:   

Hi my name is Sandra Rose nee Bates and i am related to the Cobcroft, Bates, and Rose Families. As far as i know there is a book on the Bates Family (Wilberforce and Singleton areas). I will find out from my Aunt to see if there is a publication for sale.
Yours sincerely

Sandra
Fay Butler
Posted on Tuesday, October 23, 2007 - 11:56 am:   

My husbands Gt Grandmother is Elizabeth Ann Rose born December 2 1869 daughter of James Rose & Catherine Pintox. Elizabeth married Thomas Joseph Smith February 25 1886 in Tamworth, their son Archibald b May 19 1887 is my husbands Grandfather.I would love to make contact with anybody that is conected to Elizabeth & Thomas Smith.
Regards
Fay Butler
bob leggo
Posted on Sunday, October 28, 2007 - 2:36 pm:   

G'day , my grand father fred rose migrated from Wales about 1932-4. he was a lancashire farmer/ victualer, lived his life at Coraki and Lismore NNSW. Mums name wsa Gwenda she died in 1944 from blood poisoning.Freda rose (mums sister) married ted davison of lismore.My fathers name was Edward tatham, of .
Mary Tyson
Posted on Friday, November 02, 2007 - 11:08 am:   

I too am a descendent of Samuel and Eleanor Perkins...but my mother was still a Perkins till she married a Reid in 1944. Lived in the Lismore Wollongbar area. I still live in the area..al very interesting. There is a book tracing the perkins family from samuel Perkins
Robert Hicks
Posted on Sunday, November 18, 2007 - 2:37 pm:   

Hi
Looking for info on my Great Grandparents Phoebe ROSE born March 1857 Wilberforce and Edward HICKS born 1858 England. Phoebe was the daughter of Richard William ROSE and Rosanna RICHARDSON.
Phoebe married Edward HICKS September 1883 Wilberforce
June Graham
Posted on Sunday, December 30, 2007 - 9:04 am:   

Does any one have any information on Catherine Ryan (Born 1844 Windsor, NSW, Australia
Death 18.02.1931, Auburn, NSW, Australia) She married James Budsworth 26.02.1867 at Coonabarabran). Their daughter, Elizabeth Budsworth married John Rose. I am a grandaughter of Agnes May Rose who was a daughter of Elizabeth and John Rose and would like to find out about the ancestory of Catherine Ryan
June Graham
Posted on Monday, December 31, 2007 - 4:05 pm:   

Hi
I have been researching information regarding the mother of Elizabeth Butler. Rosemary Pratt on her family history site indicates that Elizabeth's mother was Ann Adamson who married Joseph Butler 13.December 1810. However another familiy history site indicates that Elizabeth's mother was Mary Holland ( married Joseph Butler)

Would like to know if anyone has records which can confirm who is the correct mother of Elizabeth.

NB Elizabeth's daughter, Catherine Pintox married James Rose.
Jo Rose
Posted on Monday, January 21, 2008 - 11:16 pm:   

Hi everyone
I am a descendant of Richard Rose,Ephraim Rose
Just a small request...is it possible that you can send me photos (all generations) of your family as having names and dates is fantastic but putting a face to those names would be awesome. I can send what I have if you require them. Just dont forget to say who they are and what date they were born as theres sooooo many Josephs, Johns etc through the generations. In the subject box just put family photos. Very much appreciated
Jo Rose
Amelia Crittle
Posted on Tuesday, February 05, 2008 - 1:30 am:   

Hi,
I am a young descendant of the Rose family (Joshua Rose).
I was wondering if there are or if there ever will be plans to update the Rose family book?
I know it is already quite large and extensive but I was just wondering out of curiosity, because I know there have been quite a few changes in my family since the last publication.
Irene Chambers
Posted on Tuesday, February 26, 2008 - 11:41 pm:   

Hello Robert Hicks,,,I think we may be cousins( of sorts).My maternal grandmother was Alva Wardley (nee Hicks)half sister to Phoebe,,they had the same father but different mothers.If you want information on Phoebe Rose,,,you can find more information at Glouster museum.
Anne Mason
Posted on Wednesday, March 05, 2008 - 10:34 pm:   

To Fay Butler, I am the great grand niece of Thomas Smith who married your husbands great grandmother. I have been researching the Smith family in Tamworth and would love to hear from you re swapping information.My email address is annemason@bigpond.com.
Barry William Rose
Posted on Wednesday, March 12, 2008 - 4:43 pm:   

Hi everyone
I'm attempting to identify my descendants line. My grandad was James Richard Rose b23/9/1889 Jugiong NSW d1960 his dad was James Joseph Rose b1866? His mum was Jane Mary Hobson married 6/2/1883 at Cootamundra NSW. I think James Joseph Rose's dad was Joseph Rose b1832? married to Elizabeth ??. I'm sorry for the lack of info. My dad Ernest John Richard Rose passed away 9/2006 (94yrs) & I've just discovered he was attempting to trace his ancesters hence I would like to complete same for him. He had some material referencing Thomas Rose & the Bellona etc. Therefore I'd appreciate as much help as possibe. My thanks Barry William Rose.
Barry William Rose
Posted on Wednesday, March 12, 2008 - 4:55 pm:   

To Matthew Graham
Re posting of 31/12/2005 regarding Horace James Alfred Rose b19/5/1923. The place of birth stated is Harted NSW this is a miss print , should he Harden NSW 2594. Horace's dad ( Alfred James Rose ) & my grandad ( James Richard Rose ) were brothers. Hopefully this is of some help. Have you established Horace's Rose line? Regards, Barry Rose
irene moritz
Posted on Saturday, May 24, 2008 - 8:47 pm:   

To Barbara Innes
I am not a descendant of the Rose family rather of a woman called Elizabeth Watts who presumably came to Australia on the Bellona with the Rose family. Is this person mentioned in the book called The Rose Family of Bellona? I would appreciate any info you could supply. Regards Irene
kirstie ansbro
Posted on Friday, May 30, 2008 - 6:50 pm:   

i am trying to track down my biological fathers family and there history. i have very little info on him or which line. As far as i am aware his name is Kerry Philip Rose who was married to my mother Sharryne Ruth watson in late 1960/early 1970.Looking for family history
ianrose
Posted on Sunday, June 22, 2008 - 12:31 pm:   

i would like to find my father his name is horace rose.he was born in jamaica left there many years,some time around 1967-1968 when i was
born.he migrated to the united state england or canada.i would love to find him.
Jan Brooks
Posted on Monday, June 30, 2008 - 8:51 pm:   

My gg grandfather was Isaac Rose, born Haddenham Buckinghamshire. Am wondering if there is a connection to Thomas Rose who settled in the Windsor area NSW.
Samantha
Posted on Wednesday, July 30, 2008 - 4:19 pm:   

I don't have much information but I am pretty sure I am a desendant of the Rose Family. My Nanna used to tell me when I was younger that we came to Australia as one of the first free settlers. My great grandparents names are Elsie and George Rose and they had one child(that I know of) Joyce who married a Maguire and had 3 boys. If anybody seems to think I am right can they let me know as I am very interested in looking into my family history especially as my daughter's middle name is Rose, I would love to be able to give her more information then I was ever given.
Kevin John Rose
Posted on Friday, August 01, 2008 - 8:50 pm:   

My name is Kevin Rose, and I am the great grand son of Simon Rose. I am interested in locating my grandfather's brothers, and sisters, and their final resting place, as well as any surviving offspring. I have attached a abridged version of the family tree, to show where I belong within the family's history.If any one has, any information I would like to hear from you.
THOMAS & JANE ROSE
Thomas II Rose
John Rose
Joshua John Rose m1847 Elizabeth Winton
Simon Rose m1864 Kate Alice Kelso
John K Rose m Mary ? no information
Milber Rose m1910 Thomas Michael Sullivan
Ada Rose m1910 Edward J (Ted) Bowman
Frank Rose
Nelson Rose m1905 Florence (Florrie) O'Brien
**Percy Rose
*** Kevin Rose
**Vince Rose
**Catherine Rose
**Phylis Rose
**Ellie Rose
Wilberforce Rose m1912 Elizabeth Maud (Maud) Lodge 3 children
Kate Rose m1905 JohnMuller 2 children
Gordon Baron Rose m1908 Dora J Hare 4 children
Stephen Marle
Posted on Sunday, August 03, 2008 - 8:44 pm:   

To Kevin John Rose, you can find information on some Roses, especially Joshua John and where he is buried at
cemindex.arkangles.com/inscriptions.php

Stephen Marle
Dawn Dorrington
Posted on Sunday, August 17, 2008 - 2:23 am:   

Hi, This is first I have posted on Rose, site,

I wonder if anyone has any informtiom on:
George Rose, born 1877 in Lanarkshire, Scotland.he was living with an Isabella Rose, (maiden name unknown)
20 Kay Street,
Springburn,
Glasgow. in the 1901 census.

I cannot find anything else other than where they lived in 1901
George Rose, was my Grandfather.

Kind Regards, Dawn.
KATHLEEN STEWART
Posted on Monday, September 29, 2008 - 2:32 pm:   

I AM THE GRAND DAUGHTER OF JANE KATHLEEN OR KATHLEEN JANE LANGSFORD MARRIED WILLIAM McGREGOR STEWART DOES ANY ONE HAVE INFO ON THIS FAMILY KATHLEEN STEWART
Fay Butler
Posted on Saturday, November 01, 2008 - 12:33 pm:   

My husbands Grandfather Archibald Smith born May 19 1887 Tamworth to Parents Thomas Joseph Smith & Elizabeth Ann Rose (daughter of James Rose & Catherine Pintox)Elizabeth Ann Rose did not marry Benjamin Francis Bush in 1895 as written in the Genealogy chart on the Rose Family web site.According to the NSW BDM her name was Elizabeth M Rose.I have Thomas & Elizabeth's marriage certificate & her mother Catherine was a witness,she was also present when Archibald was born in 1887. James Rose & Catherine both died in Tamworth July 15 1916 & July 21 1914 respectively.
Has anybody else come across any other discrepancies regarding the Rose Family.
Fay Butler
Cheryl Dadd
Posted on Sunday, November 02, 2008 - 10:32 pm:   

My great grandmother is also Cecily Lucy Budsworth married to Joseph Rose. My mother's name was Agnes Isabel.Her siblings were Emily, Gertrude, Mary, Gladys, Marjorie and James.I belive June you are my cousin. I would like if possible the birth and death dates of Cecily and Joseph
Rosemary Pratt
Posted on Monday, November 03, 2008 - 9:54 pm:   

Hi Cheryl
Your Aunty Mary was my Grandmother. June is my mother. If you go to .tribalpages.com/tribes/judyrose you will find all the answers on our ancestry including Cecily Lucy and Ephraim Joseph Rose thanks to the hard work of Matthew Graham.

Cheers Rosemary Pratt
Jo
Posted on Monday, November 03, 2008 - 10:09 pm:   

Hi cheryl
Jo here you and my mum are also cousins Patsy..if you want copies i can send them to you of certs just email me at jrose58@hotmail.com and in subject line out family
be nice to meet ya.

Jo
Rosemary Pratt
Posted on Monday, November 03, 2008 - 10:10 pm:   

Hi Dawn
My maternal Grandfather's Mother was Ellen Maude Brennan and her mother was Lucy Dorrington, both born in Dubbo. Any relation? Cheers Rosemary Pratt
christine ewing
Posted on Thursday, December 04, 2008 - 11:11 am:   

i am tracing the decendants of maud eva rose and Alfred Hook for my mother who is their grandddaughter and have seen the rose family website. If anyone has any information or particulalry photos i would be very keen to hear from them. I have just been told there is a photo of them in the book. if anyone is able to scan that and email to me it would be fantastic.
thank you
Glenn Rose
Posted on Wednesday, December 17, 2008 - 3:12 pm:   

My father was Thomas George Rose born at Bankstown, Sydney, son of Frank Rose of Waitara.

I'm trying to track down any relatives and family information.
Kerry Woods
Posted on Tuesday, January 06, 2009 - 8:42 am:   

I am looking for info on Annie Rose born 24th Oct 1849 to George & Mary Rose (abode noted as Pichelool).Annie Married Thomas Taylor at Patricks Plains on 22nd June 1869 (her mother named Frances Jackson on marriage transcription). Annie was my maternal great grandmother. She had a sister Eliza born 30th July 1847. I don't know where Pichelool is. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Marlene Hill
Posted on Thursday, January 22, 2009 - 8:53 am:   

Gordon Rose
I have just discovered this site. I, too, am a descendant of Richard Rose of the "Bellona". Did you have a sister called Kathleen (known as "Tiggy") and once lived in Meagher Street.If you did I am your first cousin and haven't seen you since I was about 4-5 years old and can put you in touch with some more members of our family.
Paul Wynn
Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2009 - 10:27 am:   

My Granmothers maiden name was Topp, Jane Rose nee Topp was my Grt x 5 aunt,I emailed The Thomas and Jane Rose Society,and I was very surprised at being told I could only join the group as an asociate member,Imagine only just finding out about my connection to this very famous family and then being knocked back like that. Any opinions ?
sandy hastie
Posted on Friday, February 13, 2009 - 12:18 pm:   

Hi, Rosemary Pratt???? still out there??? Sandy Hastie would really like to get in touch with you. Hint: the Brouggy connection...
Rosemary Pratt
Posted on Sunday, February 22, 2009 - 9:44 pm:   

Hi Sandy
How are you?
I am in Sydney now and married.
R U in NZ still?
Suzanne
Posted on Wednesday, February 25, 2009 - 1:48 pm:   

Hi, My names Suzanne. I am looking for info on the Rose/Stewart line. I definately know my line is in "the Bellona". I'm the grand daughter of Stanley J stewart, can't remember my grandmothers name although I was raised by them untill the age of 7. My mothers name was Joan, their youngest child of 6. I am Joans first born, my brothers name is Raymond. I have a daughter Naomi & 4 grand childeren, my brother also has 2 adult daughters, none of which appeared in the Bellona at the time I got to have a glimpse of it in the 80s. My fathers name was also not in it, but my stepfathers was. Mums children were just listed as boy & girl. Has there been any updates since then to the Bellona? & as I do not have a coppy of the book there's a lot of missing info that I'd like to pass on to my daughter. To Kathleen Stewart, I could be your 2nd cousin, your grandfathers name rings a bell.
kerry brown
Posted on Wednesday, April 29, 2009 - 12:06 pm:   

My grand dad was william e rose from beaver okla, my mothers name was dortha ruth rose. Does anyone have any info on these roses?
Kath Tansley
Posted on Monday, May 04, 2009 - 3:35 pm:   

Hi, Thomas and Jane Rose nee Topp are my 5x Great Grandparents. My lineage is: Father John Leslie Everest, grandfather Leslie James Everest (Leslie Richard Case), G-grandmother Sarah Lydia Jane Clark, GG-grandmother Tamar Jane Rose, GGG-grandfather Henry Christopher Rose, GGGG-grandfather Richard Lionel Rose, GGGGG-grandfather is Thomas Rose.
I hope to join the 'Thomas and Jane Rose Family Society' and visit 'Rose Cottage' soon. I'll let you know how it goes.
Cheers Kath.
Sarah Newell
Posted on Wednesday, June 03, 2009 - 2:54 am:   

Hello, My GGrandmother was Hannah Rose ( Faithen) married William Rose abt 1886 they lived in Newcastle upon tyne
There were three children Sarah,Agnes And William Rose any information would be great.
They all appear 1890 cenus
Marjorie Jackson
Posted on Wednesday, June 03, 2009 - 12:04 pm:   

My great grandfather, Edward Moses Joseph Rose was born in 1859 in Patrick Plains. His mother is Isabella Rose but no father listed. I think her parents were Edward Rose and Sarah Richardson, convicts from Warwickshire, England.
Edward arrived on the "York 1" on 7TH FEB 1831 and Sarah arrived on the "Pyramus" on 15th Mar 1832.
Any information on these Roses would be greatly appreciated
Cheers Marjorie Jackson
Bob Jr.
Posted on Tuesday, June 23, 2009 - 5:36 am:   

Would like to find Sally Rose, Legal name, Marcella Ann Rose, (maiden name Sennett). A mother of 3 sons,last lived area,Miami,Fla.Had 2 leads, which did NOT "pan-out", or were phony, in Ft. Lauderdale,Fla., area..
Family totally fell apart in 1978.Her oldest son saw her in Cleveland,Ohio in 1980. Would like to give her some info on sons,if she might be interested.She walked-out of their lives,when she did NOT have to, but sons respected this.Now, 2 sons are with very serious health problems,with possible short time to live.Would only like to say goodbyes,if possible.Any leads GRATELY appreciated. Thanks to all//any for help.
sharon
Posted on Monday, July 27, 2009 - 11:07 pm:   

I am descendant from Vincent ROSE, whos parents were Edward ROSE (b1849) & Sarah SHEARER (b1861), They come from Singleton, Patricks plains area.
sarah stephenson
Posted on Saturday, August 15, 2009 - 12:42 am:   

hi my great grandmother was the 5th generation descendant of thomas and jane rose who arrived in sydney on the bellona in feb 1973 rose cottage was built by thomas in 1811 my great grandmothers name is lola asimus born 23 of september 1910 who married horace george asimus born 1908 lola is the daughter of john smith and mary jane coxhead lola is 1 of 11 children born to john and mary jane if anyone has anymore information about this please email me
Marlene Hill
Posted on Thursday, September 03, 2009 - 1:00 pm:   

I am a grand-daughter of Cornelius George Rose, son of James Rose and Catherine Rose (nee Pintox) and am preparing a photographic record to pass on to my grand-children, and, as such, desperately need a photograph of Richard or Richard with Susannah (Richardson) and James, or James with Catherine (Pintox). I am aware that a photograph of Richard and Susannah appears in the beautiful book, "The Rose Family of the Bellona", and I would love a copy of this photograph or any others of Richard and James if this is at all possible. I do not know who supplied this for the book but if someone belonging to this line has a copy could you please contact me. I would be so very grateful.
admin
Posted on Thursday, September 03, 2009 - 1:05 pm:   

Hi Sharon, I'd give my right arm for any photos ( copies) you may have of Edward Rose and Sarah Shearer. I think we communicated some years back re the Shearer family from Singleton,
cheers,
Roy
Jonathan Miles
Posted on Monday, September 07, 2009 - 10:43 pm:   

Can anyone help?
My great x3 grandfather was James Rose. He was born in East Woodhay, Hampshire, England in 1799 and dies in Aberdeen, New South Wales in 1862. He left a family in England who I am descended from. He left them and went to Australia, I suspect he was transported though I have no proof of that yet. Anyone know anything about him and if he had any family in Australia?
Many Thanks, Jonathan
maddison
Posted on Monday, September 21, 2009 - 5:17 pm:   

would anyone be able to tell me about the aboriginal connection from evelyn mary ada rose (my great-grandmother)?
thank you maddison.
LouiseRose
Posted on Wednesday, September 30, 2009 - 12:32 am:   

I am searching for a Barbara Rose most likely in the Newcastle area,,,,I lost contact 12 June 1972
I believe that she has all the family tree
Louise

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: