Singleton Family Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Discus » Singleton family Surname » Singleton Family « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Margaret Pavljuk
Posted on Tuesday, August 19, 2003 - 8:18 am:   

I am a decendant of William and hannah Singleton who came to Aus 1792, as Convicts. Have only recently found this town was names after a family member, But wanting to know more about the Singleton family. Is this couple in the Singleton Cemetery? And would like to hear from other Singleton down lines. William had a daughter Hannah, and this is my connection.
Margaret Pavljuk
Jodie Midson
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2003 - 1:23 pm:   

Hey,

I am new to the family history thing but I am a descendant of George Benjamin Lloyd, grandson of Benjamin Singleton - the town founder - and great grandson of William and Hannah. I have literally only just begun to research this but probably the most interesting thing I have turned up so far is a copy of the transcript of the trial that sent William to Australia - if you have not got this yet I would be happy to send it on - just let me know.
Jodie
jodie midson
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2003 - 1:34 pm:   

Hey Margaret,

you'll never guess, I have just been reading and I found out that William is buried in a graveyard at "Glenridding" in the Singleton area - no mention of Hannah though. Apparently the property is accessible from the road and the public is free to enter the graveyard to take photos etc...
Edna Ellis
Posted on Saturday, January 24, 2004 - 3:44 pm:   

Hi Margaret,
I am doing some research on my 3xgr grandmother Sarah Bellamy and discovered her brother James Zadock Bellamy married Hannah Sinleton, sister to Benjamin Singleton. Hannah was born at Mulgrave Place, not sure where that is. James and Hannah married 1818 at St John's Church Parramatta and had 14 children. Hannah died 1869 and is buried at St Paul's Church of England, Castle Hill. They were farmers.I have names and birth dates of all their children if you are interested, plus alittle history of their lives at Castle Hill.
Regards,
Edna Ellis.
Margaret Pavljuk
Posted on Tuesday, January 27, 2004 - 6:05 am:   

Hi I would love anything! This is my mums family, and she only learnt she was related a few years ago, so we have nothing! are you able to email me at home? or im in the white pages under Pavljuk Adelaide. im interested in the bellamy line also margaret_pavlju@optusnet.com.au
Sean
Posted on Sunday, June 03, 2012 - 5:08 pm:   

Hannah! These are beautiful! Mom told me that you had them potesd and that I HAD to see them! they are awesome! I love the one with Jordon holding grady in his arms!! too sweet!! That little boy is going to be a heart throb! and a pro baseball player
Pat Svanberg
Posted on Monday, November 25, 2013 - 5:07 pm:   

Hi Edna,
I realise that, like many of the other posts on this thread, that yours is almost ten years old. I have been researching the Singletons and Bellamys as, following only the female lines I am descended from Hannah Singleton (nee Parkinson). Also, these,my female ancestors, were usually the youngest (or near youngest) in their generation. This means that we have no stories or inherited objects from the family. It would be lovely if you could pass on to me your knowledge of the lives of Hannah and James Bellamy at Castle Hill. Do you know anything about their time at Sugarloaf Creek, which is where their daughter, my great grandmother Martha Bellamy, was born? She was one of the first pupils at the Wollombi school.
Regards,
Pat Svanberg
Lesly Singleton
Posted on Saturday, March 21, 2015 - 7:43 pm:   

Descendants researching William Singleton the convict may like to consider the following.
In the Old Bailey Transcript, William is charged with felony against the Pickford Brothers Matthew and Thomas, at Lads Lane in London.
The Pickford Brothers timeline (available on the net) has a wagon run between Manchester and Lads Lane 6 days a week. It his my belief William was based in Manchester and assisted the wagoner on these trips.
Food for thought. Is children were all baptised in Manchester.
Lesly Singleton

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: