Jane Louise Singleton Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Discus » Singleton family Surname » Jane Louise Singleton « Previous Next »

Roy Andrews
Posted on Monday, October 24, 2005 - 8:45 am:   

To: <sfhs@xroyvision.com.au>
Subject: My Maternal Grandmother
Date: Thursday, 20 October 2005 9:56 AM

I have come across your most interesting website by accident. My maternal grandmother, whom I remember well having lived with her as a child, was named Jane Louise Singleton, and I was told by my mother that there was a link with the origins of the name of the town of Singleton in NSW.
My grandmother was I believe born around 1886 & she died in 1976 at Dubbo NSW. She had a number of siblings but my knowledge of this is not great. I was told she was born at Singleton, but I have no knowledge of her parents. I know she married a James Percy Wilson - whose father apparently [from my mother] came from Denmark, was a civil engineer & had the surname of Willesen - & had four children - including my mother Phyllis - whilst living at Mudgee NSW.
I would be interested to know more of them.
My thanks,
John Pettiford.
jpettiford@bigpond.com
Roy Andrews
Posted on Monday, October 24, 2005 - 8:46 am:   

Hi there John, and thanks for your message. The best thing to do is write (or visit)
to the Singleton Family History Society at Singleton.
The society is manned by a collection of very keen volunteers and they have
so many records there at the society room. They also do a $10 research of the
records held at the society. Obviously there is so much info there on the Singleton
family.

The address is:
Singleton FHS
P. 0. Box 422 Singleton
NSW 2330

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
LIBRARY:
Ground floor,74 George Street, Singleton 2330

Open Mondays 5pm to 8pm, Wednesday 12 noon to 3pm,Saturdays 1 pm to 4pm,
Public Holidays excluded.
Use of Library facilities free to members Non members - $5 per visit.
MEMBERSHIP: Dues commence 1st February each year $25 Single $30 per family.

I assume you have been to http://www.xroyvision.com.au/cgi-bin/discus/discus.cgi
and go to the Singleton, NSW, Australia FHS section.
as there is a fair bit of info there on the town of Singleton and its past.
Mohamad
Posted on Friday, June 01, 2012 - 11:35 am:   

Cass - My Darling Girl,I am sitting here with tears saitemrng down my cheeks.. Your kind and lovely words, and also capturing such a special and amazing time in my life, have left me utterly speechless.Thank you so much, your talent is amazing and your friendship is such a gift to our little family xoxox

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: