Moderators | Edit Profile

Discus » Flick family » DANIEL WOOD pre 1849 « Previous Next »

Admin (Admin)
Username: Admin

Posted on Monday, February 07, 2011 - 6:35 pm:   

Sunday, 15 November 2009 5:32 AM

Dear

Re the Flick family genealogy - lineage of Casper and Rosina nee Klam

I am wondering if you have any further details about DANIEL WOOD included in this tree who is a direct ancestor of mine?

I am aware of his parentage - Daniel Wood & Harriet McBrierty, but have been unable to trace:

- the death of Daniel Wood senior c 1859/6 ( Harriet WOOD nee Mc Brierty his widow remarried twice)
- exact date of when Daniel Senior first came to QLD - 1st sighting seems to be in 1849

-< The "Biographical Index of South Australians 1835-1885 notes: "Daniel Wood, Labourer, res. Stone Hut, Saddleworth, Melrose.>

I believe he was in county of Kent in England in 1841....... I have extracted from your website the following:
Carrol FLICK,(.. ... 1845-4 May 1870)
- Died at: Coonabarabran,NSW.
- Death Cause: drowned
- Buried on: .. ... .... at: "Mobola"Station,Coonabarabran,NSW.
M.(23 Dec 1865) Jane HUMPHREYS,(.. ... ....-20 Sep 1910)
- Born at: Wales
- Married at: Dubbo Court House,NSW.
- Died at: Toowoomba,QLD.
1. Andrew Carrol FLICK,(21 Apr 1867-28 Sep 1945),never married,no issue
2. Mary Jane FLICK,(10 Mar 1869-15 Jan 1951)
- Died at: Charleville,QLD.
M.(17 Mar 1887) Daniel WOOD,(.. ... ....-.. ... ....)
- Married at: Barcaldine,QLD.
I shall look forward to hearing from you.
Thank you
April Wood Ashton ( UK)
(admin has address)
Monica
Posted on Friday, January 25, 2013 - 12:17 am:   

Generally we have a run on the first Sunday of each month Sarah. If your Dad would like to give the President or Vice President a ring when he's over here, we might see if we could take him on one of the runs with us. Ph. nos are on the front of the newsletter or liestd on the website.
Darren Pine
Posted on Saturday, December 06, 2014 - 1:58 pm:   

Hi,
Found this page through a google search. I am trying to find out more info about Daniel Wood and Harriett MacBrierty. How many children did they have? When and where did they die?
My 2x great grandmother was Annie Woods. On her 1868 marriage record her father is listed as Daniel. She later had two daughters out of wedlock, the eldest of whom was Harriet, my great grandmother. I cannot find any birth record for Annie, but was curious about Daniel Wood and Harriett MacBrierty, given the name, and the fact they married in 1849, and Annie was born c.1851. The only birth I can see for this couple is in 1859, a daughter Sarah. Obviously they had at least a son, Daniel, as well.
Thanks in advance.

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: