Finding relatives Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Discus » Germany genealogy » Finding relatives « Previous Next »

Ali
Posted on Wednesday, July 20, 2005 - 10:02 am:   

I am trying to find my dad's biological mother. I know her first name and her maiden name I also know the city which my dad was born in and the dates. If anyone could give any information that would help me in this search would be appreciated. I don't even know where to begin.
dianakucia
Posted on Wednesday, August 03, 2005 - 3:14 am:   

I am trying to locate Fritz wurzer...dettlebach germany(last known adress)1987
michaelkucia
Posted on Wednesday, August 03, 2005 - 3:31 am:   

any info on kucia family from austria,poland.my grandfather name was frank kucia he was born in 1888,,,,,,i,m looking for relatives in poland.
christine woods
Posted on Sunday, August 07, 2005 - 2:04 am:   

I am trying to find Phillip woods (aka brian woods) last seen in WA when I was 15. My mother is elaine. There are 3 girls and 1 boy. His mothers name was Ivy. My name if christine DOB 1960
Roy Andrews
Posted on Tuesday, August 09, 2005 - 9:18 am:   

Hi Michael, would suggest checking out these lists re KUCIA family
Austria Mailing Lists
http://lists.rootsweb.com/index/intl/AUT/
Poland Mailing Lists
http://lists.rootsweb.com/index/intl/POL/
I can't help you here in Australia
Roy Andrews
Posted on Tuesday, August 09, 2005 - 9:21 am:   

Hi Diana, you would have a better chance if you started looking for addresses in Dettlebach, I'm sure there would be services in Germany to do look ups on living people.
Roy Andrews
Posted on Tuesday, August 09, 2005 - 9:47 am:   

Hi Christine, all I can suggest is this website;
http://www.missingpersons.gov.au/main2.htm
You may find some directions/suggestions from the site
Edna Ellis
Posted on Friday, December 30, 2005 - 11:46 am:   

I am trying to find descendants of Anthony Schmidt and Margaret Jane Kremer. They were married 1851, Oberheimbach, Rheinland. Anthony was a Vine Dresser and was sponsored to Australia by Henry Lindeman, a wine grower in the hunter Valley. Anthony worked for Henry Lindeman and repaid to him the money he had paid to bring the family to Australia. The family set sail for Australia aboard the "Catteaux Wattel" and arrived Port Jackson on the 9th March, 1855. A son John was born as the ship was berthed at Port Jackson. Their eldest daughter Elizabeth, later known as Catherine was born Germany in 1852, she is my gr grandmother. Four more children were born in Australia,Odilla, 1857-1860;
Susanna b: 1859; Adam b: 1864; Mary, B: 1867. The Schmidt family changed their surname to Smith. there could be descendant's living Clarence Town.
Source of information; Ann Louise Golder, a desendant of youngest daughter, Mary Schmidt.
Kerry Pomroy
Posted on Sunday, February 12, 2006 - 7:43 pm:   

I have German ancestors who came from "Gerswalde" Germany in 1874, which I think was part of East Prussia. That part of Germany is now in Poland. Can anyone tell me the Polish name for "Gerswalde" now?
Roy Andrews
Posted on Wednesday, February 15, 2006 - 8:22 am:   

Hi Kerry, this may help.

Places in Poland that start with Ge
http://www.fallingrain.com/world/PL/a/G/e/

gwenny
Posted on Thursday, March 20, 2008 - 8:03 pm:   

I am trying to find the whearabouts of Gwenneth Jean ashton formerly of 9 newry street prahran melbourne. trying to find out what happened to her as my father passed away recently and never knew what happened to his mother
Aaron Laurendeau
Posted on Wednesday, April 16, 2008 - 12:25 pm:   

I am looking for my biological grandfather, Henry Drake. The only detail that I know is that he was in Vermont, USA around 1957. His daughter, my mother, is Claire Laurendeau. I was told that he came from Germany and was not from the United States. I will ask my mother tomorrow for more information.
Wayne Moy
Posted on Wednesday, June 22, 2011 - 10:02 pm:   

MILLER/MUELLER - I am trying to find anything in regard to my Miller/Mueller family members who apparently lived in the Singleton area. Christian (b. 1828) married Helena Kirchauer (?). Any additional info would be most appreciated. Many thanks in advance
Cynthia Hayward
Posted on Monday, November 07, 2011 - 7:00 pm:   

Aaron Laurendeau--- Your Aunt Jeannie should be able to give you some information. Aunt Betty
and Aunt Irene were afraid of him for some reason
and wouldn't say anything more. They were probably afraid of losing Claire to him.
Leanne Stengert
Posted on Saturday, February 28, 2015 - 1:05 pm:   

Hi Edna Ellis, I am a descendent of Anthony Schmidt and Margaret Jane Kramer. Anthony is my GG Grandfather. My name is Leanne Stengert nee SMITH.

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: