Dries / Dreis family Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Discus » Singleton, NSW, Australia FHS » Dries / Dreis family « Previous Next »

Loreta McMullen nee Dries
Posted on Sunday, January 17, 2010 - 5:39 pm:   

I am trying to find the parents of Andrew William Dries who Married Margaret Nettle in 1863. I think his name was also Andrew but his mothers's name is not listed. Also as I can not find any births (Dries/ Dreis) after 1860 I am assuming that the family must have migrated here from overseas.
Can anyone help please?

Thanks,

Loreta Mc
Glenys Morrison
Posted on Saturday, February 06, 2010 - 9:13 am:   

Hi Loreta, I was looking up Dreis family and found your link here. Some of this may help....
NSW Births Deaths Marriages - when you search for anyone, use every possible spelling. People in those days were fairly illiterate so..Births for DRIES start from 1860. Births for DREIS start from 1854. Births for DRICE start from 1859 and births for DREES tart from 1855 and they are all the same families!
Assisted Immigrants Arriving in Sydney and Newcastle, 1844-59 shows 2 DREIS brothers, wives and all their children arriving on the 'TRITON' in 1853 (with lots of other German immigrants). It does NOT show that their mother Barbara MULLER, was also on board as they would have paid her fare (as she was too old to be an assisted Immigrant) Google "The Fatherland" for lots of information on these German Families. email me and I will send you the Triton list.
Cheers and good hunting, Glenys

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: