Richards family Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Discus » Singleton, NSW, Australia FHS » Richards family » Richards family « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Kerry Underwood
Posted on Thursday, January 09, 2003 - 5:03 pm:   

Dear Roy,
I'm a descendant of Simon Richards and Janet Russell (great great granddaughter). My grandfather was Gavin Hamilton, son of Mary Jane Richards. Have heaps of information on the families - am in the process of putting it on to the computer but don't know which is the best programme to use (Family Tree Maker has been suggested). Am very interested in hearing from others doing this family as well as the Hamiltons, Russells, Shearers etc.
Regards,
Kerry Underwood.
Roy Andrews
Posted on Saturday, January 11, 2003 - 4:39 pm:   

Hi there Kerry and what a surprising message re Richards family.
Because 4 sets of my great great lived in Singleton and the district
their descendents are tied into many local Singleton families. About 9
years ago Peter Andrews and I ventured on a huge project - to track
down and document the Andrews family of Singleton. The result was
a huge book, family reunion and a collection of some 4000 photos
of Andrews and many associated families.
The same is with the Richards family. They married into the Andrews,
Drake, Bower and Beck family to name a few.
I use an Australian product called "relatively yours" but I do have FTM
as well. I have quite a lot info lineage detail on all of Simon and Janets children.
Maybe you can check what I have on your Mary Jane Richards - have quite
a few photos as well.
Looking forward to your response. Whereabouts are you??? I'm in Hornsby.
Regards,
Roy

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Dawn Woodland
Posted on Monday, July 14, 2003 - 9:19 am:   

Hi Kerry
My name is Dawn Woodland. My great grandfather is David Shearer who is Janet Russells step sister.I have recently published a book called "Shearer Clan Down Under" which contains my efforts in tracing his descendants since arriving in Australia in 1853, Janet actually travelled out with David, his wife and two small daughters.
I still have copies if you are interested.
I use Family Tree Maker and think it is great.
Regards,Dawn
Roy Andrews
Posted on Monday, July 14, 2003 - 9:36 am:   

Hi there Dawn,
could you please give me details and price on buying one of your books on the Shearer family please,
regards,
Roy Andrews
Dawn Woodland
Posted on Wednesday, July 16, 2003 - 8:34 am:   

Hello Roy
The cost of the book is $24.00 plus $5.80 postage. I have them here, I think you have my address. I will email you an order form. The Family History Society Singleton and Singleton Historical Society have a copy. Is there any way you could put me in touch with Kerry? It is a while since her inquiry, she may have given up.
Regards,
Dawn
Richard Nixon
Posted on Thursday, October 09, 2008 - 10:05 am:   

Hello Roy,
I am resarching my family tree, including the Singleton connection. My great-grandmother was Bertha Amelia Richards who married George Robert Cambell in 1882. George Robert Cambell was the son of Patrick Frederick campbell and Hannah Singleton. The only details of Bertha Richards which I have been able to find are that her parents were James Richards and Elizabeth Sharp, and I was wodering if there is any connection to the Sharp families to which you refer.
Regards
Richard
tealowe
Posted on Sunday, March 01, 2009 - 10:47 am:   

i am trying to find any info regarding the descendants of gavin shearer

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: