William Daniel McCart Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Discus » Singleton, NSW, Australia FHS » William Daniel McCart « Previous Next »

Valma Pleming
Posted on Friday, January 17, 2003 - 7:56 am:   

Dear Roy,

I am endeavouring - without success - to trace my father-in-law, William Daniel McCart. All that is known by the family line he established here in Australia is that he came from New Zealand. He would have been born before 1900. I can find out his date of birth. Tonight, I have been searching and at one how I searched could I find it again.

Maybe I am out of order in sending this e-mail to you but if so, I will not expect a reply. In any case thanks for reading my e-mail. Wonderful blessings for 2003.

My first husband Keith McCart, died and I have remarried, hence my surname. Valma Pleming.
Roy Andrews (Admin)
Posted on Friday, January 17, 2003 - 7:58 am:   

Hi there Valma,
just got back from the xmas break so thanks for your message and I will try and help.
Which area of Australia did he settle? Are you trying to trace his lineage in Australia
or try and back trek to his country of origin????.
Let me know when you get a chance,
regards,
Roy
Valma
Posted on Friday, January 17, 2003 - 7:59 am:   

Dear Roy,

Delighted with your prompt reply and your offer of help.

No, I am not trying to trace his family in Australia as they are all known to me.

He lived all his married life, as I understand it in Brisbane, Queensland and had a family. Actually, my husband who was bought up to believe they were his parents was really the child of their first daughter. However, we did not find that out until the late 70's and we never did tell my husband who died when in 1989 when he was 63.

She also had another child after my husband - the father in both instances not given. There were 8 legitimate children born of this marriage.

My figure that he would have been born around 1900 I realised tonight is not correct, because the first child born of this marriage would have been born in 1905, so I am presuming that it would be around 1885. I could find out this information possibly from my son-in-law or some other relative. This would possibly make it easier for you in your effort to help me. Please let me know!

What I would like to find out, is if he did come from New Zealand and any other information pertaining to that.

Thanks. I am relative new to this. Valma.

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: