Pearce family Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Discus » Singleton, NSW, Australia FHS » Pearce family « Previous Next »

Leisa Lees
Posted on Saturday, January 24, 2004 - 7:48 am:   

Dear Sir,

I doing research on the descendents of George & Eliza Pearce (Vick-Pearce) I believe they had 13 children, eight of them born at Patrickís Plain between 1860-1870, also many of there grandchildren were born there. Iím hoping there might be someone else tracing these families and you could put me in contact with them. Also if you could tell me if there is a historical society in Patrickís Plain.

Do hope you are able to help me.

Regards Leisa Lees
Roy Andrews
Posted on Saturday, January 24, 2004 - 7:49 am:   

Hi Leisa and thanks for your message.
I have a Caroline Pearce m Robert Stephen Varley Wellard and Ellen Pearce who m Thomas Kermode.
Parents were George V and Eliza Pearce - they appear in some of my various lineages from the
patricks plain area,
the other thing to do is write to the Singleton Family History Society at
Singleton.
The society is manned by a collection of very keen volunteers and they have
so many records there at the society room. They also do a $10 research of the
records held at the society.

The address is:
Singleton FHS
P. 0. Box 422 Singleton
NSW 2330

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
LIBRARY:
Ground floor,74 George Street, Singleton 2330

Open Mondays 5pm to 8pm, Wednesday 12 noon to 3pm,Saturdays 1 pm to 4pm,
Public Holidays excluded.
Use of Library facilities free to members Non members - $5 per visit.
MEMBERSHIP: Dues commence 1st February each year $25 Single $30 per family.

regards,
Roy Andrews
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Leisa Lees
Posted on Thursday, February 26, 2004 - 5:05 pm:   

Hi Roy, George Vick-Pearce's parent's were,Miles & Priscilla Vick-Pearce(miles died 1892 PP,Pricilla died 1861 PP)(Miles remarried to Elizabeth Bennison 1882 PP), they were from Randwick Glouester England, they came out on the ship"Blenheim" 1855, with there chidren George with wife Eliza both 23(george died 1900 PP),Samuel 21(died 1915 singleton), Alfred 18, Ruben 13 (who I'm decended from), Emma 6 & Tryphena 2. They settled at Patricks Plain.Samuel married Elizabeth Jane Anderson 1876, Alfred married a Hannah ?, Ruben married Charlotte Copus/as(at Tenterfield), Emma married Henry Marshall, all at Patrick Plains/Singleton. I would love to hear or be put in contact with anyone researching any of these families.
Regards Leisa Lees
E-MAIL outbackart@yahoo.com
Roy Andrews
Posted on Sunday, February 29, 2004 - 12:34 pm:   

Thanks for the lineage - that will help others researching the Pearce family.
Another thing you should do ( if not already joined) is join the Hunter Valley Mailing List

How to subscribe.
Just send the command "subscribe" in the subject line to
AUS-NSW-Hunter-Valley-D-request@rootsweb.com.
Don Cameron
Posted on Friday, July 01, 2005 - 12:54 am:   

I am researching the family of William HULIN who was sent out on the ship "Asia" in 1833 and settled in the Patricks Plain (Singleton) area. His daughter Mary Anne HULIN married James WINSOR at Patricks Plain in 1863 - one of their daughters Alice WINSOR (1869) married Bertram James DUGAN at Singleton in 1891. Their daughter Isabella DUGAN (1897) married William Charles Henry HORNE at Singleton in 1914. William C.H. HORNE was born at Singleton in 1892 - his mother was Priscilla VICK-PEARCE or (PEARCE) who had married John T. HORNE at Patricks Plain in 1885 ref: NSW BD&M 6972/1885. Priscilla HORNE nee VICK-PEARCE was born at Patricks Plains, NSW ref: NSW BD&M 11970/1862 the daughter of George and Elizabeth VICK-PEARCE.
My connexion is way back in England with the HULIN family, whom I have researched back to the 1500s mainly at the village of St Briavels in the Forest of Dean, Gloucestershire / Monmouthshire. Strange that I should settle in the Hunter Region without any knowledge of a pre-existing family connexion.

Cheers,

Don Cameron.
Roy Andrews
Posted on Sunday, November 05, 2006 - 9:00 am:   

(admin has Davids email address)
Subject: Pearce Family
Date: Thursday, August 18, 2005 10:06 AM

Leisa / Roy / Don,

I located your respective correspondence at xroyvision website regarding George Vick Pearce and Elizabeth Chandler. I have information regarding some of the family of George and Elizabeth (my G-G-Grandparents), which I would be pleased to share.

Regards,

David Chesterfield
Newcastle, NSW
Australia
Gail Goodall
Posted on Friday, March 07, 2008 - 3:36 pm:   

I am also researching the Vick Pearces. My ggrandmother was Amelia, daughter of Alfred and Hannah Whitby. She married Edward Stevens at Cassilis and they moved to the Darling Downs. Almost all of the Pearces moved to the Darling Downs, but don't know why. Any clues? I would love to exchange info with anyone else researching this family.
Cheers Gail Goodall (nee Stevens)
Juliet Cranny
Posted on Sunday, August 03, 2008 - 8:25 pm:   

To all the above researchers,
I am also a member of the Pearce Tree. I am one of 10 Pearces from Newcastle area. My dad was Allan Richard Pearce, born Wickham 21/6/1907; my grandfather was Richard George Pearce born 7/2/1881 bapt. St Mary's 15/3/1881 (sounds like St Mary's Sydney). He had a brother Henry John born 20/8/1879,married Sarah & had a family,1926 lived at 86 Dowling St Paddington; & twin sisters Kate & Mary born 8/5/1883, dec'd as infants, Maud born 1884. Richard George married Catherine Lynch of Hamilton at Ham. Reg. Office 9/11/1903. Their 1st child Clarence Victor born 9/10/1904, died, buried S'gate 28/3/1905. Richard George died N'castle Hospital 5/10/1943; buried S'gate 7/10/1943 beside his father. His father was George Pearce married to Margaret Walsh (County Galway Ireland).
I don't know if any of this fits into your research. Very hard for our family, g/parents separated when my dad was very young. He & his mother moved to Brewarrina area possibly 1911.
Jan Mushroom
Posted on Saturday, August 22, 2009 - 5:27 pm:   

Hello Posters
I am looking for the death of John Walsh who died after 1881 (born in 1816) somewhere in the Singleton/Maitland area. His wife's name was Jane Kennedy and they married in 1868.
Any help greatly appreciated.
Many thanks
jan

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: