Mount Thorley School Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Discus » Singleton, NSW, Australia FHS » School photos » Mount Thorley School « Previous Next »

Morgan
Posted on Sunday, September 12, 2004 - 9:21 am:   

Wednesday, 11 August 2004 8:20 PM
To Mr Andrews,

I am doing research on schools in the singleton area which have now closed, particularly Mount Thorley School. Whilst looking on your web site I noticed that a Mr. Alexander White posted a message about old photos he had of Mount Thorley School that he would send to you. I was just enquiring where the photos go after they get sent to you, do you keep them in your personal collection? Or do they get sent straight to the Singleton Family History group? I am interested in whereabouts I could find copies of these photographs as I would love a copy of the photos for my research. If you know where I could find them, please e-mail me at:

morgan2109@hotmail.com

It would mean a lot to me if you could help me.

Thanks, Morgan Richards.
Roy Andrews
Posted on Sunday, September 12, 2004 - 9:23 am:   

Saturday, 14 August 2004 8:04 AM

Hi Morgan and thanks for your message.
That Alexander White never got back to me which is a shame.
If his email address is on the website maybe email him direct.
I have some school photos in my collection; Oak Park, Goorangoola
and a few others (I think). If I can be of help please let me know,
regards,
Roy Andrews

PS;
Maybe also contact the Singleton FHS and the Singleton Museum
Morgan
Posted on Sunday, September 12, 2004 - 9:25 am:   

Saturday, 14 August 2004 8:54 AM

Dear Mr Andrews,
Thank you for your reply. Yes, it is a shame that Alexander White never got back to you, I will try to e-mail him direct.
Also, thanks for your brilliant offer. I am trying to find photos of schools in the singleton area, including Oak Park and Goorangoola ,but i thought because they closed a fair while ago that i wouldn't find any.

I am trying to collect a few school photos from the Singleton area and it would be very much appreciated if you could send me a copy of any school photos you may have in your collection. I can't offer much in return, but I do have a lot of photos of Kurri Kurri Public School (and surrounding Schools) if you are interested.
Roy Andrews
Posted on Sunday, September 12, 2004 - 9:26 am:   

Tuesday, 17 August 2004 6:40 PM
Hi Morgan,
will send what I have on Singleton and district schools on weekend,
you dont have to worry about anything in return - I just like helping out,
regards,
Roy (not Mr Andrews)
Morgan
Posted on Sunday, September 12, 2004 - 9:28 am:   

Tuesday, 17 August 2004 9:06 PM
Hi Roy,

Thanks for reply. I have been searching for a long time and am so grateful you could help me out. I will send an e-mail to Alexander White soon, and if i ever get a copy of the Mount Thorley school photos, i promise i'll send you a copy. Thanks again!

Regards, Morgan
Roy Andrews
Posted on Sunday, September 12, 2004 - 9:29 am:   

Tuesday, 17 August 2004 9:06 PM
Hi Morgan,
have attached an image of Mt Pleasant school.
I have jkust realised that most of the photos are
group photos of the pupils and not the buildings,
is that a problem, also are you aware that a book
was published on schools in the area. I could find
out the authors details,
regards,
Roy
Morgan
Posted on Sunday, September 12, 2004 - 9:31 am:   

Sunday, 22 August 2004 7:41 PM
Hi Roy,
Thanks for the e-mail. I was actually looking for photos of school groups/pupils/classes etc. so therefore, the fact that the photos are of the classes and not the buildings is not a problem at all.I can remember reading somewhere that such a book had been published, but had no idea of where to find a copy. If you know where I could find a copy it would be great. Thanks for the attached photo of Mt Pleasant School, I am very appreciative.
regards,
Morgan
Roy Andrews
Posted on Sunday, September 12, 2004 - 9:32 am:   

Middle Falbrook Public school 1890
Wednesday, 25 August 2004 7:30 PM
You will have to crop it etc. When you get to use any of the photos let me
know and I will send credits of the person that owned the photos when I photographed
them, more to come,
Roy
Morgan
Posted on Sunday, September 12, 2004 - 9:33 am:   

Thursday, 26 August 2004 9:52 PM
To Roy,
Thanks for the brilliant photo of Middle Falbrook School. The photos you have sent have helped my research heaps. Also, I think the credits may be a good idea, as, although the project is kind of on going, I would like to keep a record of the kind people that helped you (who is helping me). I have kept a record so far. I have e-mailed that Alex White guy, and, as I said, if he comes through with the photos, I will be sure to send you a copy. I will try looking at the SFHS, (at the library, right?) to see if they have a copy of the Singleton schools book. Thanks again, looking forward to further correspondance,
Morgan.
Roy Andrews
Posted on Sunday, September 12, 2004 - 9:34 am:   

Saturday, 28 August 2004 9:53 AM
BRIDGMAN CHURCH SCHOOL c1900

Back Row,L-R, James Andrews, Mr Lethbridge, Amy Andrews, Mr Butt (Teacher)
Middle Row L-R, Lily Edwards, Ada Andrews, Jenny Noble, Norah Andrews, Annie Andrews, Emily Kermode, Arthur Andrews
Sitting L-R,Olive Andrews, Alice Kermode, Edie Kermode, Fanny Noble, Fred Andrews, Barty Robinson, reLot Andrews

regards,
Roy
Morgan
Posted on Sunday, September 12, 2004 - 9:35 am:   

Hi Roy,
Alexander White got back to me with the photos of Mount Thorley school. If you send me your address, I will gladly make copies of these and send to you.
Regards, Morgan.

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: