GAUDRON - Patricks Plains Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Discus » Singleton, NSW, Australia FHS » GAUDRON - Patricks Plains « Previous Next »

Denise
Posted on Thursday, January 27, 2005 - 10:48 pm:   

Seeking information on John & Anthony GAUDRON who came from Germany to Patricks Plains mid 1800's. 1st record I can find is 1879 -marriage Anthony to Mary Holy. My direct desendant is JOHN who married(?)Elizabeth (surname unknown)I presume in Patricks Plains as 2 of their children were born there(John & Peter).I've been told the bros were sent to Aust (stole a loaf of bread?) & came via ship -don't know year or name of ship. Any info would be appreciated.
Kaylene Brooker
Posted on Friday, November 04, 2005 - 3:48 pm:   

My great-grandfather, Philip Holz, was the youngest of nine children of Philip & Elisabeth Holz who left Germany with four children in 1851, arrived in Australia in 1852, settled in the Hunter Valley & had a further five children. One of the older children, Mary, married Anthony Gaudron & went to live at Windsor. I think she passed away in 1935. OR they were married at Windsor. There was a Justice Mary Gaudron, now retired I think, on the High Court Bench in Canberra. Could she be related to the above Mary?

Does this help in any way? My mother's cousin had collected a lot of family tree info & I could get more off him if it would be any help.

- Kaylene

Graeme
Posted on Thursday, February 28, 2008 - 12:41 pm:   

Hello Denise and Kaylene

I'm related to Anthony Gaudron

John (Johan actually) was born in Europe and arrived with his parents Jacob and Teresa ( Jacobi Gaudron and Apolloniae Theresiae Heen ) aboard the ship ' Catteau Wattel ' arriving in Sydney in May 1855
They emigrated with three children with two sadly dying enroute - Jacob 8 years and Susannah 3 years

I look forward to hearing from you either or both of you
cheers
Graeme
Kaylene Brooker
Posted on Thursday, September 18, 2008 - 7:15 pm:   

Sorry, I didn't get back to you any sooner Graeme but I didn't have any more information. Now, I do. Last weekend, my nephew, Ben & I went to Queen Street Cemetery, Singleton, looking for the grave/s of the above Philip & Elizabeth Holz. We found it along with graves of 3 infant grandchildren.
Nearby, there is a grave for 2 Gaudron women - Theresa Gaudron (16/9/1816-29/11/1879) & Catherine Gaudron (10/10/1858-10/10/1876).
Could they be mother & daughter? If so, Theresa would have been 42 years old when Catherine was born & Catherine died on her 18th birthday. Theresa died 3 years later.
They are buried in the Heritage part of the Cemetery.
Pat Hassett
Posted on Sunday, June 07, 2009 - 10:16 pm:   

Kaylene
Phillip and Elizabeth Holz are my great grandparents. I have the shipping details of them and both sets of parents names - but nothing else.Phillip and Elizabeth were the parents of Mary Gaudron. Do you have much Holz family history.
gaudrontree
Posted on Wednesday, August 05, 2009 - 1:33 pm:   

G'day Pat
Same here - Phillip Holz and Elizabeth Zell are my GG grandparents.Their daughter Mary Holz married my great GF Anthony Gaudron. Phillip and Elizabeth had 9 children over a period of twenty years 1843 - 1863.
You are quite welcome to the info that I have so get in contact
cheers
Graeme
gaudrontree@yahoo.com.au
Donna Lowrie
Posted on Friday, August 28, 2009 - 9:34 pm:   

Hi Kaylene, Pat and Graeme
I believe Phillip Holz was my great great great uncle. My understanding is that Phillip came to Australia at the same time as his sister, my great great grandmother. Her name was Caterina Holz and she married Jacob Trunk(e). I think I have a bit of info for you if you'd like to email me. Kaylene, did you go into the church? There are three stained glass windows commemorating Holz's in there. I was only there yesterday! One is Phillip and Elizabeth's.
alic58
Posted on Sunday, November 22, 2009 - 2:39 pm:   

Hi Kaylene, Pat, Graeme, Donna and Denise, Hi to you all, This is strange seeing you all here! I am also descended from Philipp and Elizabeth Holz. Kaylene I know you from my childhood in Singleton, your mum and my mum were great friends as kids at Mitchells Flat, I went to school with Joy. Graeme, I have been in touch with before and Pat, are you the Pat that lives at the Bay? If so i met your sister Pauline recently. Donna and Denise my connection with you is through the in-laws! But I do have something for you all... I have photos of Philipp Holz and Elizabeth Zell and photos of 8 of their 9 children and their spouses, that includes a photo of Anthony Gaudron and Anne 'Mary' Holz. The only ones missing from my are photos of Elizabeth Holz and her husband Adam Hoffman married in 1872 every family member that i have spoken to has said they were lost in the '55 flood. But I am still hopeful and still searching! As to the windows in St. Patricks, one is for Philipp Holz and Elizabeth Zell there is one for my ggrandfather John 'Sebastian' Holz, Philipp and Elizabeths son and there is one at the back of the church for Francis Holz son of Heinrich Holz grandson of Philipp and Elizabeth Holz. Lucky they were saved during the big hailstorm. Donna do you live in Singleton, are you from the Trunk family there?

Alison
Graeme
Posted on Tuesday, December 01, 2009 - 3:17 pm:   

Hello Alison, I sent you a mail a couple of months ago, did you get it?

I was in Singleton a month ago and got a couple of photos of some gravestones in the 'First Catholic Cemetary' where most of our rellies are.

We should all be in contact so that we can compare notes and swap some research

cheers
Graeme
gaudrontree@yahoo.com.au
Kaylene Brooker
Posted on Monday, February 08, 2010 - 1:25 pm:   

Hi Pat,Graeme,Donna,Denise & Alison

Yes, I did go into the church & have a brief look at the windows there and hope to have a better look some day. I'm currently in Canberra helping our son, Philip, & daughter-in-law, Clare. They are expecting a second child - they have a 15-month-old daughter, Catherine - & Clare suffers from "Hyperemesis Gravidarum" ("Excessive vomiting in a pregnant woman"). Wikipedia gives a pretty good explanation of this problem.
I haven'got any further information as yet. Will add anything I get to this site. - Kaylene
Margaret Parkinson
Posted on Saturday, August 14, 2010 - 10:13 pm:   

I am another branch of the tree, grandaughter of Jacob Munzenberger/Christina Holz, daughter of Patricia and Edward Kelleher - 1st cousin to Pat Hassett. I live in Cootamundra.
I do have some family history I can share.
Glen Gaudron
Posted on Sunday, October 03, 2010 - 11:16 pm:   

I have a rather detailed family tree compiled by Michael John Gaudron Son of Thomas Gaudron. Thomas Gaudron my grandfather told me that there were 4 or5 brother in Berlin who could not agree on a property so the property was sold and each brother had to select a name from a hat and migrate to that country-Aust, S. Africa Canada USA Thomas I think was Anthony's son- I will have to check on this. I live in Wagga Wagga.
Graeme
Posted on Tuesday, October 26, 2010 - 11:20 am:   

Hello Margaret and Glen - lovely to see that I'm not the only one researching the Gaudron's. My line is both the Holz and Gaudron.

Would love to swap notes with both of you.

Glen - Thomas 1884/1966 was the son of Johan Gaudron 1846/1935 who married Elizabeth Heile ?/1916.
Married 1876 at Dungog. They had 7 children.

Margaret - I have 10 Holz's in my tree so far.

I can be contacted either on here or on email
gaudrontree@yahoo.com.au

look forward to hearing from you both

Cheers
Graeme
Donna Ceeney
Posted on Wednesday, January 05, 2011 - 5:43 pm:   

Hi Alison
I live in Scone, but yes apparently I'm related to the Singleton Trunks. Don't really know them though.
Donna
Patricia Hassett
Posted on Monday, February 14, 2011 - 10:31 am:   

Alic58,
I am trying to get photos of distant grandparents and would like the ones you have of Phillip Holz and Elizabeth Zell - my great grandparents - I am grandaughter to Peter & Margaret Holz who lived at Clydesdale, Singleton.Pat Hassett of Fingal Bay is a 1st cousin of my husbands. Pat
Rose Cocks
Posted on Wednesday, January 25, 2012 - 2:56 pm:   

Hi Alison,
Was just going over my Kime family. My grandfather was Anthony George Kime & my grandmother was Magdaline Mary Hoffman. Brian Hoffman at Branxton had a lot of pics of the Hoffman & Holz families.
His next door neighbour was a Holz. I have a photo of Elizabeth Holz but not one of Adam Hoffman.
I am happy to exchange pics with you as we are related to the Gaudron, hoffman Zell and Holz families on my dads side
Rose Cocks
Posted on Wednesday, January 25, 2012 - 3:02 pm:   

Hi Patricia,
I am also a descendant of the Holz family. Was looking at the Hassett descendants and have very little info on them Would love to share info
My connection is through my father Kevin Kime.
His grandfather was George Kime & grandmother Suzie Gaudron.
My grandmother was Mary Magdaline Hoffman which leads to the Holz and Zells
Cheers Rose

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: