Perrett family Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Discus » Singleton, NSW, Australia FHS » Perrett family « Previous Next »

Jennifer
Posted on Saturday, April 16, 2005 - 9:02 am:   

Subject: Perrett
Date: Wednesday, 13 April 2005 11:42 PM

Hello Once Again Roy,
Still in search of my McMenamin line, I came across an interesting link contained within your pages. Though I cannot find the reference on your pages - the find tells me that you have listed an Alfred Perrett, parents George and Amelia.
I have a Wilson Perrett marrying Lillian Kate McMenamin in Singleton in 1904 and settling in West Maitland. Wilson was born to George and Amelia in 1876. He was one 12 children born to the couple, all registered in Patrick Plains Shire. I have an Alfred born in 1867, as per the NSW Birth Death & Marriage historical indexes - but I have known information to be incorrect. I think your Alfred may belong to me. What do you think?
I look forward to a reply from you.

Jean Pritchard
Posted on Thursday, July 28, 2005 - 12:07 pm:   

I have Alfred Perrett who married Sarah Murray in 1891 at Raymond Terrace and brother Albert Perrett who married Sarah's sister Catherine Murray in 1898 at Raymond Terrace. The parents were Mary and Lewis Perrett.

The Perrett's lived at Patrick Plains.

I woule be interested in further information.
Roy Andrews
Posted on Thursday, August 04, 2005 - 3:38 pm:   

Hi there Jean, thanks for posting your interest on the Discussion Forum, the other
thing to do is write to the Singleton Family History Society at
Singleton.
The society is manned by a collection of very keen volunteers and they have
so many records there at the society room. They also do a $10 research of the
records held at the society.

The address is:
Singleton FHS
P. 0. Box 422 Singleton
NSW 2330

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
LIBRARY:
Ground floor,74 George Street, Singleton 2330

Open Mondays 5pm to 8pm, Wednesday 12 noon to 3pm,Saturdays 1 pm to 4pm,
Public Holidays excluded.
Use of Library facilities free to members Non members - $5 per visit.
MEMBERSHIP: Dues commence 1st February each year $25 Single $30 per family.
John Perrott
Posted on Wednesday, August 17, 2005 - 4:11 pm:   

Suggest you contact the Perrett Society which holds a huge database on this subject. Their web page is at www.p-rr-tt.org.uk Their Australian vice chairman is June Parrott,246 West Fyans St, Newtown, Geelong, Victoria 3220
Pat Hopkins
Posted on Wednesday, March 29, 2006 - 3:28 pm:   

My great grandmother was Mary Anne Perrott born Cork county Cork Ireland to Thomas Perrott and his wife Abigail (surname not known). She was 18 when she boarded the "Herald" assisted passenger as a house servant in 1844; arrived Sydney 9 Feb 1845 and married William Haye (Hay) at Marulan on 25 April 1847. They were both employed at Caoura a property near Tallong in NSW. In 1850 their first child was baptised at Billy Bong (Walla Walla NSW) and they resided at Howlong until they died. I would appreciate any information on the Cork Perrott's.
Roy Andrews
Posted on Thursday, March 30, 2006 - 7:59 am:   

Hi Pat, some links that may help you.

Cyndis list at;
http://www.cyndislist.com/
It is huge and is dedicated to EVERYTHING genealogy.

The other thing to do is join the Perrett mail List. Instructions are at;
http://lists.rootsweb.com/index/surname/p/perrett.html
Denise Broadbent
Posted on Tuesday, August 29, 2006 - 4:02 pm:   

Note with interest your info on George Perrett & Amelia Leary.
My interest is in Amelia's parents Michael Leary & Maria Perrior. I descend from Maria's sister Hannah/Anna Scammell who married William Dillin/Dillon.
Maureen Rob erts
Posted on Tuesday, November 30, 2010 - 12:25 pm:   

Hi my mothers maiden name was Perrott and the ancestors (John Perrott)came to Australia 1877 from Llanelli in Wales, I have details of the family if anyone is interested.
Jill Thomo
Posted on Monday, January 24, 2011 - 3:10 pm:   

Hi all
I am hoping someone can help me. My grandfather was George Louis Milton Perrett His mothers name was Sarah and his fathers name was Alfred.He divorced my grandmother Mary Elizabeth Hutchison in 1933. They had 4 children together 1 being my dad.

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: