Sarah Power born Singleton 1846 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Discus » Singleton, NSW, Australia FHS » Sarah Power born Singleton 1846 « Previous Next »

Mark zemek
Posted on Monday, April 18, 2005 - 3:48 pm:   

Does anyone have information on this lady, my grt grt grt grandmother?

Thanks
Roy Andrews
Posted on Wednesday, April 20, 2005 - 9:10 am:   

Hi Mark,
Sarah's father was Thomas Power and mother was Jane Byrnes, Sarah m Thomas Mc Cosker - same Sarah that you are after, let me know a there is some info in the Singleton Pioneer register on the Power family
Chris Power
Posted on Monday, January 02, 2006 - 3:37 am:   

Hi Mark,
I think this Sarah (b. 1846) is the eldest daughter of Thomas and Jane. I believe she married Patrick MacMannus rather than Thomas McCosker. Sarah's Brother John (b.1851) was my Gr Grandfather. He married Sophia Hartley in Tamworth in 1875. My Grand father (Augustine) went to Queensland where he was a union organiser at the time of his death in 1957. Sarah had (I think) 8 children. Son Patrick (b.1879) died in the Singlton area in 1963, and James (b.1883) died in Narrabri in 1949.
Greg McCosker
Posted on Tuesday, February 10, 2009 - 2:53 pm:   

Sarah McCosker (Power) was my Great Grandmother, married to Thomas who died 3/1/1901 at Boggabilla NSW. She is buried with her husband in Boggabilla Cemetery. Her son Bertram was my Grandfather and his son Francis Brennan McCosker was my father. I grew up in Boggabilla but have lived in Sydney and other parts country NSW for past 43 years.
Chris Power
Posted on Wednesday, March 18, 2009 - 9:44 pm:   

Yes I apologise for my earlier error. Sarah Power definitely married Thomas McCosker. I saw it written in Thomas Power's will. I think Thomas Power came from Ireland as a convict on the Eliza II in 1832, after being convicted of highway robbery in Waterford, and may have received a pardon in 1848. Jane Power's (nee Byrne)father'name is Daniel and I think her mother's name may have been Sarah.
Greg McCosker
Posted on Tuesday, March 24, 2009 - 2:37 pm:   

Chris,
I returned from a Boggabilla visit only yesterday - I have photo's of both Thomas and Sarah and if I can work out how to post them on this website I will do so, they may of interest to you.
Regards.
Lou McWaters
Posted on Sunday, March 29, 2009 - 12:03 am:   

Hello all McCosker family members. Like Greg I am from Thomas and Sarah but I am from Bertrams older brother, Patrick Joseph born 1862. I would also dearly love any more inforamtion - especially printed items and pics - even a printed family hsitory if you know of one. If I can help anyone who wants to widen the net of family members please let me know. What an interesting bunch the McCoskers are!!!
Claire Hughes
Posted on Monday, December 07, 2009 - 10:48 pm:   

Hi All, I'm descended from both the Powers and the McCoskers from William Power born 1866 and Rachel Jane McCosker .... just thought I'd say "hello" to you all.

Regards Claire
LouMcWaters
Posted on Friday, August 20, 2010 - 9:19 pm:   

Hello Claire I did view your family tree online someplace and your name was mentioned when emailing young Colin Mc Cosker a great guy in Qld. I keep coming back here to see if anyone has posted a Reunion. All the Mc Cosker/Power people I have had dealings with are a great group of people who are proud of who they are and where they are from.

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: