Hewitt family that sailed to Australi... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Discus » Wiltshire - UK: Bishopstone, Broadchalke via Salisbury and area. » Woodbridge ship » Hewitt family that sailed to Australia on the Woodbridge « Previous Next »

Julie Bailey
Posted From: 198.142.167.187
Posted on Tuesday, February 03, 2004 - 8:39 am:   

Hello

I am researching the Hewitt family that sailed to Australia on the Woodbridge and have noticed that amongst your family you have an Elizabeth Hewitt marrying Stephen Andrews. I do not know for sure if the Hewitts that sailed on the Woodbridge and your Elizabeth are from the same family but was wondering if you had any further information on Elizabeth and her family. I have much information on the Hewitts once here in Australia that i am only to happy to share.

Sincerely

Julie Bailey
Roy Andrews
Posted From: 198.142.167.237
Posted on Wednesday, February 04, 2004 - 7:06 am:   

Hi there Julie and thanks for the message.
I would give my left hand if I could find out any info on Stephen and Elizabeth.
I would assume Elizabeth would have come from the same family as your Hewitts.

Your email has prompted me to look at Stephen again and now I finally realise that
I may have got mixed up - there were 2 Stephen Andrews in Bishopstone at the same time:
I would say that they still would have been cousins.

16. STEPHEN ANDREWS - International Genealogical Index
Gender: Male Christening: 03 APR 1798 Bishopstone By Salisbury, Wiltshire, England
Child of my Peter and Sussanah Andrews ( my line).

17. STEPHEN ANDREWS - International Genealogical Index
Gender: Male Christening: 17 OCT 1802 Bishopstone By Salisbury, Wiltshire, England
This Stephen did marry Elizabeth Hewitt ( father was Edward and mother was Elizabeth
Dawkins) - I saw and noted the migration papers when in the library in 1978).

This email got it mixed up as well - but this would be your line:
Also got an email August 2002:
Hi Roy,
I was checking out your Andrews from Bishopstone Wiltshire. Did you know that Stephen Andrews who married Elizabeth Hewitt came to Australia on the "William Turner" 5/10/1841. He died in Mt Druitton 26/3/1887. His children born in the UK didnt survive but he had a number of sons out here. If you want more information let me know. My interest was his son Thomas born in 1848 died 1945 as he was constantly confused with my Thomas born 1845 died 1942.
Regards
Kris Wood

KJWOODWYNNUM@bigpond.com

regards,
Roy

Neil Andrews
Posted From: 152.91.9.8
Posted on Thursday, September 01, 2005 - 12:54 pm:   

I am looking to find information on Stephen ANDREWS and Elizabeth HEWITT from Bishopstone, Wiltshire England born abt 1800.

In the migration details of Stephen and Elizabeth Andrews to Australia (1841 on William Turner) Stephen's parents were listed as Thos (possibly short for Thomas??) Andrews and Eliz Dawkins. Also, Stephen's age was listed as 38, which lines up with a birth year about 1802/1803. This matches up with the following Stephen Andrews on the International Genealogical Index
-------
STEPHEN ANDREWS Male Christening: 17 OCT 1802 Bishopstone By Salisbury, Wiltshire, England
Parents: Mother: ELIZA. ANDREWS Family

Does anyone have further details for this Stephen Andrews or Elizabeth Hewitt in England? They are my Great Great Grand Parents.

Neil Andrews
Roy Andrews
Posted From: 211.30.20.141
Posted on Monday, September 05, 2005 - 2:40 pm:   

Neil - this is what I received from Kris Wood
IN 2002
>>>
Hi Roy,
I was checking out your Andrews from Bishopstone Wiltshire. Did you know that Stephen Andrews who married Elizabeth Hewitt came to Australia on the "William Turner" 5/10/1841. He died in Mt Druitton 26/3/1887. His children born in the UK didnt survive but he had a number of sons out here. If you want more information let me know. My interest was his son Thomas born in 1848 died 1945 as he was constantly confused with my Thomas born 1845 died 1942.
Regards
Kris Wood
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Sandra
Posted From: 124.180.243.177
Posted on Tuesday, June 29, 2010 - 9:47 pm:   

I am a Hewitt by birth and I am looking for any information on the following people:

Thomas Joseph Hewitt {1862 Ballarat Vic Aust - 1927 Daylesford, Vic}
Married to {2 Wifes}
Ellen Conway or Bridget Roach

Thomas Joseph Hewitt
1830 Warwickshire, England - 1912 Ballaratt, Victoria
Married to Johanna Sheehan

Robert Hewitt
1795 Rowington, Warwickshire, England - 1895
Married to Mary Ann Harris

Robert Hewitt
B: 1740 Ansley, Warwickshire, Eng
Married to Liddia Biddy Mills

Robert Hewitt
B: 1710 in Astley, Warwickshire, England
Married to Sarah Neale

Robert Hewitt
B: 1687 in Astley, Warwickshire, England
Married to Lydia Friswell

Joshua Huett
1641 in Ansley, Warwickshire, Eng - 1713
Married to Elizabeth Harold

George Huett
B: 1598 in Over Whitacre, Warwickshire, England
Married to Anna Brookehouse

These are my direct descendants as far as I have been able to search so far. I would love to chat to anyone researching tghis line, or who could help me with this.

Many thanks

Sandra
Vicki Hewitt
Posted From: 59.154.42.228
Posted on Monday, June 04, 2012 - 3:11 pm:   

I am looking for "Maurice Hewitt" born Melbourne 1933/34 Australia and was in NSW Australia in 1950ís please help !
meredith1954
Posted From: 175.45.146.9
Posted on Wednesday, May 06, 2015 - 3:32 pm:   

Hi Sandra,

I am also related to the Hewitt family of Ballarat, My grandfather was Robert Augustine Hewitt. My Greatgrandfather was Thomas Joseph Hewitt all the same lines are the same as yours. If you are still in contact, I would love to hear from you. cheers Meredith

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: