Mary Ann Bauer (born ) had a sister C... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Discus » Bauer genealogy » Mary Ann Bauer (born ) had a sister Cecelia Elizabeth Bauer « Previous Next »

Wally Young
Posted on Saturday, October 09, 2004 - 4:57 pm:   

Roy,

My great-grandmother Mary Ann Bauer (born ) had a sister Cecelia Elizabeth Bauer who was one of the 2 nurses that died during the only Black Death (pneumonic plague) in Australia that hit Maryborough Qld in 1905.
Are your Bauer ancestors related to my ancestors?
Mary Ann & Cecelia's parents were: Felix Bauer and Annie (nee Tighe)
Siblings of Mary Ann & Cecelia are: Walter Frederick, Arthur Albert Edward, Evaline, Catherine Ellen, Annie Felice, Joseph Michael, Leonard Felix.
Walter is the father of Desmond Bauer, Winnifred Cordie,
You can see Mary Ann's offspring on the Youngs of Eudlo genelogy site (where I an listed).
Please see the Youngs of Eudlo Geneology site: http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~youngsofeudlo/
Regards,

Wally Young
Roy Andrews
Posted on Saturday, October 09, 2004 - 5:01 pm:   

Hi there Wally and thanks for your message re Bauer family.
My Bauers came from a village called Dettenhausen in Baden, Germany in 1857 and setteled in the
Goorangoola district outside of Singleton in NSW.

But what I have done is added your quiry to the Bauer section of my Genealogy Discussion Forum at;
http://www.xroyvision.com.au/discus/
and hopefully you may get a response from somebody
else researching that same particular lineage,
phritabray
Posted on Thursday, March 31, 2005 - 8:25 pm:   

Just happened to read your article. My wife is a niece of Cecelia Bauer and the daughter of Joseph Michael Bauer born l6.3.l900 He was the second youngest son of Felix and Annie (Tighe)We have considerable information on the plague and the memorial erected at Maryborough (fountain) from the medical periodical The Lancelot. We now reside in Brisbane
phritabray
Posted on Thursday, April 07, 2005 - 6:24 am:   

I am married to the niece of Cecelia Bauer. Rita is the daughter of Joseph Michael Bauer and second last child of Felix. We have visited the fountain in Maryborough and have the published history of the plague and death of the two nurses.published by Dr. Earnshaw.Also have photo of Cecelia and her grave at Maryborough
phritabray

I am married to the niece of Cecelia Bauer. Rita is the daughter of Joseph Michael Bauer and second last child of Felix. We have visited the fountain in Maryborough and have the published history of the plague and death of the two nurses.published by Dr. Earnshaw.Also have photo of Cecelia and her grave at Maryborough
phritabray

Joy Gison
Posted on Monday, August 15, 2005 - 12:41 pm:   

hi would it be possible please to obtain a close up photo or drawing of the nurses badge or insignia thats worn on their collar
Michael Morton-Evans
Posted on Thursday, December 15, 2005 - 5:22 pm:   

I am seeking information for a biography I am writing on Friedrich and Anne Bauer of Cooktown, Queensland, and in particular their daughter Anniechen who married and became Anniechen MacArthur, a successful painter. Friedrich Bauer died in 1890.
judith ann lee
Posted on Saturday, June 19, 2010 - 4:29 am:   

i am a grand-daughter of mary ann bauer/ reedman, sister of cecelia,i always enjoy the felix bauer cottage at the heritage museum at caboolture.Youngs of eudlo? i would appreciate contact regarding military jeep x arthur reedman.
Jennifer Howie nee Bird
Posted on Tuesday, November 11, 2014 - 10:23 pm:   

I am a descendant - a great grand daughter of Felix and Annie Bauer. My mother is the 8th of 13 children born to Albert and Mary Bauer (nee Magnussen). Albert is Felix's son and also a brother of Cecelia Bauer, one of the two now well-known nurses and victims of the Maryborough plague.
Steph Hinson
Posted on Wednesday, April 27, 2016 - 11:01 am:   

Hello from New Zealand
If anyone could give me any information gained while searching the Bauer Family I would be very grateful.
Looking for family of my great grandfather Lawrence Herbert Bauer. His sister is listed as Mary Callaway, Dunedin, NZ according to his war record. A Marriage index shows a marriage of Mary Bauer to Sydney Callaway in Syndey AU. Callaway was a cricket player in AU and NZ. Lawrence married Lillian McClintock nee Dudley in 1932 in NZ. They lived in Whangarei, NZ. He passed away 1956. My grandmother Phyllis Austen nee Bauer often travelled to AU to see Bauer family. Thank you.
Pharme327
Posted on Friday, December 16, 2016 - 10:15 pm:   

Hello!
Pharmd41
Posted on Sunday, December 18, 2016 - 4:20 am:   

Hello!
Pharma649
Posted on Monday, December 19, 2016 - 10:46 am:   

Hello!
Pharme163
Posted on Tuesday, December 20, 2016 - 5:05 pm:   

Hello!
Pharme15
Posted on Friday, December 23, 2016 - 5:16 am:   

Hello!

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: