McGEADY Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Discus » Surnames A-Z » McGEADY « Previous Next »

Michelle Ford
Posted on Saturday, September 19, 2020 - 10:38 am:   

Looking to connect with anyone with McGEADY lastname in their family tree, who live in Australia, Fiji or New Zealand. michelle_ford@outlook.com

I have much of the family tree, however it would be good to confirm a few details with others who also have an extensive tree for comparison.
I have not been able to connect the McGEADY line from Tasmania though.

I'm from John Brogan McGEADY's line, he lived near Narrabri, NSW wife his wife Margaret COLL.
John & his brother Patrick Andrew McGEADY came from Gweedore.
Patrick & his wife "Ann" McGEADY (who was their cousin Honorah, daughter of James McGEADY & Margaret McNULTY) married in Sydney, then moved to the West Coast (South Island), New Zealand.
Some of Ann's family also moved to the West Coast as well. Most of the McGEADY's from Wellington and South Island are descendants of Patrick Andrew McGEADY (snr) & Ann McGEADY or from Ann's siblings.

John's son, John Gordon McGEADY & his wife Mabel BUCKNELL married in Sydney and had a few children, then moved to Suva, Fiji where they had another couple of children (including my grandfather - Ernest John "Paddy" McGEADY). Most of their children moved to Auckland, New Zealand. Paddy's 2nd marriage to Isabella AIKMAN, they settled on Great Barrier Island (off east coast of Auckland).
I grew up in Auckland, my mother's maiden name was McGEADY.

Another cousin of John, Patrick & Ann, was Michael "Mick" McGEADY. Mick & his wife Catherine "Kate" COLL lived in Sydney, NSW.

Cheers from Central QLD

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: