Mary Moore Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Discus » Surnames A-Z » Moore family » Mary Moore « Previous Next »

Mary Haskell
Posted on Thursday, March 13, 2003 - 8:50 am:   

Hello everyone

I have started to research my husband's great grandmother's family.

She was Mary Moore. She had a sister Jane and possibly a brother John.

Mary Moore's son married sister Jane's daughter - my husband's grandparents.

Mary aged 22 - married Frederick James Haskell at Holy Trinity Winchester Hants in July 1861. On one census she gave her place of birth as Downton, and another Salisbury. However on the 1901 census she names Romsey. Obviously cannot make up her mind. On her marriage certificate she made her mark.

Her sister Jane aged 22 - married Charles Bell, (1864) and John - aged 35 -married Elizabeth Lane (1879. Both these marriages also took place at Holy Trinity, Winchester. John was described as a Master Bootmaker.

Their father, James, was variously described as a labourer (John), a servant (Jane) and coachman (Mary).

I am in the process of checking the 1851 census for Hampshire and Wiltshire.

Have you come across any of this family.

Many thanks for your help.

Mary Haskell
Researching: HASKELL Hampshire & Wiltshire
CHIVERS Hampshire
Owen Sharp
Posted on Wednesday, January 18, 2006 - 10:00 pm:   

Hi Mary Iam Owen Sharp Looking for my Moore Family I well lay out what I have and see if it crosser your First,Joseph Tite Moore and Mary Ann Oliver Had a son Thomas Henry Moore about 1875 at Northamptonshire UK Thomas married Eliza May Gately at Liverpool NSW Australia they setteld around the Liverpool area having a family on 15may1910 Sidney George Moore was born at Kogarah I do not konw you the Family was at Kogarah NSW as thay rased there family at Liverpool NSW in 1931 my father was born out of wed lock he was adopted by his Sharp Grandperents giving him the name of Sidney George Sharp. As of that time the Moore side Of the family was kept from myself untill I was nilly 40 when the trooth came out I had realiesed that I had met the Moore side of the family some time befor and as they must have thought I was away of the moore family ask me to meet there Dad Sidney Moore I felt this to be strang and declined the offer That was late 1979 . I have been looking for them sence 1990 with no luck. I hope that you may have a link that I can follow ? Regards Owen Sharp
Roy Andrews
Posted on Sunday, January 29, 2006 - 8:37 am:   

To: "Roy Andrews" <roy@xroyvision.com.au>
Subject: Re: Mary Moore
Date: Monday, 23 January 2006 7:43 PM

Thanks no link that I can see but will keep message just in case.

Mary Haskell, Slough, Berkshire
Researching:
HASKELL; WHITEAR Hampshire & Wiltshire
CHIVERS,KNIGHT,KNELLER, BRICE; MORRIS; HOLDER; WHITE, PARKER; BELL; MOORE, BURTON;
WITT; PERN; MOUNTAINE; COLE Hampshire
WILSON, Surrey;
BROWN Hants/Wilts,
MATTINGLEY, Berks
CARR Middlesex
Pam
Posted on Tuesday, March 17, 2009 - 7:33 pm:   

Hi, I am looking for records on

Thomas Moore, he was born in Scotland about 1812, his first wife Jane? McAdam died in Singleton about 1840, his children by Jane were William, Agnes & Thomas. He married Jessie Wighton in 1842.

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: