Posted on Tuesday, December 02, 2003 - 1:57 pm:   

Posted Saturday, 29 November 2003 12:01 AM

Hi Andrew,

I have been searching for a Thomas Lever who perhaps was my great great
great grandfather. Did the Thomas Lever in your family go to Australia
around 1820 or perhaps was a soldier. I cannot see the name in the convict
list and do not think he was a convict. The name Thomas Lever is on my g g
grandmothers birth certificate and then there is nothing in the australian
records after that. My g.g. grandmother was in an orphanage from aged 6.

Would very much appreciate your help.

Kind regards,

Jan Matthews

Jan Matthews
Posted on Sunday, December 21, 2003 - 6:33 am:   

My name is Jan Matthews and my great great grandmother was Anne Lever - on
birth cert - father Thomas Lever and mother Bridget Lever. Bridget died in
1826 Anne was six and went to the Female Orphanage at Parramatta. Cannot
find anything on Thomas Lever...nothing here at least. No marriage no death
cert and no mention on convict list. Figure he must have been a solider
..aha but not on lists. Were any of your Levers soldiers? Could Thomas be
the one at end of your list? Ann was known as Ann Levy - more complication
and it looks as if the record at the orphanage was changed from Lever to
Levy. Very strange. Would love to know if any of your Levers came to the
colony as early as 1819 when Ann was born.

Thanks and kind regards,

Jan Matthews Mona Vale N,S,W,

allannah wooloughan
Posted on Friday, March 05, 2004 - 1:41 pm:   

Hi Jan
Are you related to Percival Lever and Ethelinda Catherine nee Mitchell? I am looking for children of William Benjamin Mitchell and Catherine Dempsey married 1871 at West Maitland.
Allannah Wooloughan
Laura
Posted on Friday, April 16, 2004 - 4:46 pm:   

I don't think so. I have found Thomas Leaver in the 48th Regiment Northamptonshire. I got his discharge papers from Kew and he comes from Bolton, Lancashire.Huge contingent of Leavers there. He died in 1850. I am now trying to trace his parents ..he was a weaver and probably his father was a weaver. Bolton did the fancy stuff ..lace and muslin, curtains etc. He was 50 when he died and had fought in the peninsula wars and in India..chronic opthalmia was the reason for his discharge. He got a pension and lived only 20 years after discharge. The Leaver family were prolific in the military...they are
in so many regiments. So some success at last.
Hope you find what you are looking for.
regards. Jan Matthews
Julia
Posted on Sunday, October 31, 2004 - 8:04 am:   

Actual Posting: Thursday, 14 October 2004 8:34 PM
Hello Roy,
I hope you don't mind me sending you this E mail.
I've often noticed your name on family history sites.
I dont think we are directly related but I just thought I'd write to tell you I was a Lever before marriage and lived in Tisbury until I married in 1969.
With the help of other family members I've traced my Lever tree back to a Walter Lever's marriage in Tisbury 1715 ...he is my gr X 6 grandfather.
My line were in Tisbury until about 1750 ,and then moved to Ansty until the turn of the 20th century ,when they then seemed to move back to Tisbury.
Through the internet I have found three other people from the same line as me .
You may have seen one of them...Angus Allan who lives in France..... we are 7th cousins.
His gr. gr. gr.gr.gr.Grandfather Stephen Lever was a brother of my gr x 5 grandfather Samuel.
Angus has put together a vast tree of around 800 people....some in Australia.
I find it all very interesting and wonder what sort of lives many of them had ....especially my gr.gr. grandmother who had 11 children ..... though some say it was more!
I live in Staffordshire which is in the Midlands but my mother and most of my Levers still live in Tisbury.
Having spent my childhood there I know Tisbury very well and also the surrounding villages.
I was there in June this year as mother was ill so I spent ten days with her .... it's nice to go back and catch up with family news!
Regards from Julia .....( Lever)
Roy Andrews
Posted on Sunday, October 31, 2004 - 8:05 am:   

Hi there Julia and thanks for the fabulous insight into your Lever family lineage.
My Andrews family from Bishopstone via Salisbury, Wiltshire married into the Lever
family and produced a fairly large lineage. I have some info on the ones who stayed
around Bishopstone but god knows how many may have migrated overseas (and
to Australia). Its so hard chasing families as they are spread to all parts of the world.
I thankyou for sharing your piece of Lever history with me,
regards,
Trish Anderson
Posted on Friday, March 10, 2006 - 6:56 pm:   

I'm looking for a contact in the Lever / Ryan families who had a reunion in NSW in the early 1990s. The ancestor I'm looking for is Emily Ryan nee Hascroft [born near Bathurst & married to Robert Ryan in 1868]. If you can help with any Ryan family contact in regard to this, I would be most appreciative. Thanks
marjessica
Posted on Monday, March 27, 2006 - 5:05 am:   

Does anybody know of the descendants of William Hesketh Lever? I am interested in finding out the names of his children and grandchildren.
Hope Fitzclarence
Posted on Sunday, June 11, 2006 - 10:05 pm:   

Does anyone know the lineage of Benjamin Lever b. 1808, m. 1830 to Sarah Fone
Sherryll Medlicott
Posted on Saturday, April 28, 2007 - 1:00 pm:   

Dear Trish
I am related to Emily Ryan nee Hascroft and to Robert Ryan. One of their daughters Bridget is my GGgrandmother. Have info
Sherryll
alice
Posted on Sunday, June 24, 2007 - 10:20 am:   

I am looking for relatives of job/joseph and caroline lever, they had several children, george henry was my grandfather, he was married to a emma elizabeth and had a daughter named elsie,he was from nottinghamshire
barbaramickle
Posted on Friday, February 11, 2011 - 12:45 pm:   

My greatgrandparents were JOHN ROBERT LEVER,he went to New Zealand and he married a JANE FANNY WALDROM,1867.He was born in Cambridge Eng in 1839.Can anyone help with info.Thanks
ginny butler
Posted on Sunday, July 15, 2012 - 1:37 am:   

Dear Hope
My husband is a descendant of the Lever family. Benjamin Lever born 1808 was one of 9 children born in Raunds Northamptonshire. Their parents were Benjamin and Letitia nee Jones. They married in 1800 in Thrapston Northants. Benjamin Lever born 1779 was the son of Joseph and Mary Lever nee Crick. Joseph was a lace dealer from Hanslope Bucks. He was a bankrupt and a lunatic it is said! He died in 1809 in an asylum in London. His father Benjamin was also a lace dealer and was more successful. He left two properties to his wife when he died. His father was John Levir. note the different spelling. He was born in Hanslope and married Elizabeth Abelthorp in 1715. His father was John Leaver, Again a different spelling. He died in 1706.
What I know of Benjamin Lever born 1808 in Raunds Northamptonshire is that he married Sarah Fone . One of his daughters Mary Ann married Jean Teychenne a feather mattress maker. They emigrated to Australia and New Zealand with their 11 children. One of their offspring Percy Fone Teychenne married Marion Caroline Brown. She was the grand daughter of Elizabeth Lever born Raunds 1812 Benjamin s sister. Therefor Marion C and Percy Fone Teychenne were cousins. They returned to England with their children. On the 1901 census Marion Caroline is visiting her Aunt Mary in Spratton Northamptonshire. Mary is sister to Benjamin ( 1808) Hope this is of some interest . Please let me know if you have any photos or anything. I have only just found out about the Aus. and NZ link.
Yours Sincerely Ginny Butler.
david mcmahon
Posted on Wednesday, December 05, 2012 - 9:20 pm:   

Dear Ginny,
I am replying to your post of Sunday, July 15, 2012 to my Aunt's request for information regarding the Lever family. Right at this moment she and I are compiling a family history of our ancestor Jean Teychenné and his wife Mary Ann (née Lever). I have compiled a sort of family tree going back to John Lever and Elizabeth Abelthorpe - mainly direct descent. Would love to share with you what photos and text would be relavant to your interest. Here's hoping we can be of help to each other.
virginia butler
Posted on Thursday, May 02, 2013 - 8:42 am:   

Hello David
How interesting! Since writing in July I have been in contact with Kerry Judd in Melbourne. I think she must be a cousin of yours. She has supplied me with many letters and photos. I have sent her a copy of the family tree. I think she has put everything on her MyHeritage web site.

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: