Thomas Cagney Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Discus » Surnames A-Z » Thomas Cagney « Previous Next »

allannah wooloughan
Posted on Friday, June 11, 2004 - 9:29 pm:   

I have discovered that Maria Dempsey nee Manser married Thomas Cagney in 1853, a year after her husband Stephen Dempsey was accidentally killed at Wollombi. Has anyone ever heard of Thomas Cagney please? Maria had children to her first husband - can't find any with Thomas Cagney.
Roy Andrews
Posted on Tuesday, June 15, 2004 - 7:28 am:   

Have you checked the NSW BDMs on cdrom - let me know as I can do a lookup for you
allannah wooloughan
Posted on Friday, June 18, 2004 - 9:18 pm:   

Hi Roy,
No I don't have the cdrom. I have been sent the Will of Thomas Cagney, received today and it seems that it was a second marriage for him too. Thomas died in 1896, Maria Cagney/Dempsey/Manser died 21st October 1897. Any information would be gratefully received. With thanks from Allannah
Anonymous
Posted on Thursday, January 20, 2005 - 5:35 pm:   

Hi Allanah,
Have you tried the book "The Codys of Weriong"
That listed a number of Cagneys and I know for sure there is a Thomas in there, but I'm not sure who he was married to.
allannah
Posted on Sunday, January 23, 2005 - 4:09 pm:   

Dear Anonymous,
Thanks for the tip! How can I get this book? I have tried Google, nothing. "The Codys of Weriong" is not listed in any library catalogue that I can find. Who is the author please and when/where was it printed please?
Allannah Wooloughan in Rye Victoria
allannah
Posted on Monday, February 07, 2005 - 11:02 am:   

"The Codys of Werong" a book by Max Pringle, found on the Newcastle Library site - unavailable in Victoria. Can someone please lookup for me any CAGNEY? Looking for information on Thomas CAGNEY first wife was Mary or Margaret CODY, second wife was Maria DEMPSEY nee MANSER. Maria married him after her first husband's death c1852 at Wollombi.
Any help appreciated by Allannah Wooloughan
Tony Cagney
Posted on Monday, April 11, 2005 - 6:59 pm:   

Hi,
The book "Mines Wines and People" by W.S.Parkes,
Jim Comerford and Dr Max Lake will give you a brief run down. Thomas was a common Cagney name but I believe I may be a decendant of the person you speak of.

Tony Cagney
allannah
Posted on Tuesday, April 12, 2005 - 1:05 pm:   

Hi Tony, I tried emailing you direct - no luck!
My husband is related through his mother's grandmother to Maria nee MANSER. I was hoping that someone would have a copy of the book "The Cody's of Werong" either for sale or that I can borrow for a time to copy information. I do have the book "Mines Wines and People" and a terrific read it is. I also have "Schools of the Wollombi", also with lots of interesting photographs and snippets of information.
I have written to the author Max Pringle, and received a written reply stating that unfortunately there are no more copies of his book available, but he is trying to put together the information on a CD-ROM. I may just have to wait, if I cannot find a second-hand copy.
Thanks for your reply,
Kind regards Allannah Wooloughan of Rye, Victoria.
Mardi
Posted on Wednesday, July 25, 2007 - 9:29 am:   

Hi Allannah,
Not sure if your still checking this site/post, or if this reply will even log. I am Max Pringles Daughter, and grew up in Wollombi. I have a copy of "The Cody's of Werong", and currently live in the south eastern suburbs of Melbourne. I can also put you onto my dad for further information. Please feel free to contact me through mardigras8@hotmail.com.
Kind Regards Mardi of Noble Park Victoria
Renee Jackson nee Moore
Posted on Monday, November 22, 2010 - 8:22 pm:   

Hi allanah,
Its doubtful I guess that you even check this still but oh well,nothing tried noting gained.
I am a direct descendant of Thomas Cagney,he was my grandfather (obviously the name had been passed down).His brothers from memory were,Patrick,Micheal,and James. Thomas married a Beatrice Peace jarret ( King) and his brother married her sister Juanita Jarret (king).
Hope this helps and I can be of further help to you.

Regards
Renee

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: