Kittys branch Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Discus » Surnames A-Z » Rose Family » Kittys branch « Previous Next »

yayla
Posted on Sunday, May 27, 2007 - 4:47 pm:   

Hi all, I am wanting to ask anyone in this forum who comes from Kitty (married to Budsworth) to please make contact,
darugweavers@kooee.com.au
There is a Darug Reunion on next month and we'd like to hear from you, we r trying to gather as many darug people as we can together. Kitty was a darug woman so if you do come from Kitty we'd like to hear from you.
Liz
Rosey
Posted on Monday, June 18, 2007 - 9:44 pm:   

Hi Liz
I will be at the reunion so see you there. Kitty was my great great great grandmother. I am descended from her son James Bowen Budsworth. His daughter Cicely Lucy Budsworth married Ephraim Joseph Rose, great grandson of Thomas and Jane Rose, first free settlers to arrive in Australia in 1793.
It would be good to hear from any descendents of Kitty's children Samuel (to Colebee) Joseph, James and John (from Joseph Budsworth). Kitty had her children around the Tamworth, Coonabarabran area. Cicely Lucy was born at Blackville near Quirindi.
Gail Coulter
Posted on Saturday, February 12, 2011 - 11:22 pm:   

Hi Liz/Rosey, I would be interested to hear from you if you believe I fit in. On my great great grandmother's marriage certificate to James Moxon it shows that her parents were Catherine Budsworth and Joseph Stafford of Palmer's Oakey (Sofala district) I think she was born about 1845/1846? but ofcourse no birth certificate.
Brien
Posted on Tuesday, June 28, 2011 - 11:21 pm:   

I believe I am related via Catherine Budsworth and Joseph Stafford. Their son John Allen Stafford had a daughter Mary Jane Stafford who married Sydney Harry Claude Garland whose daughter is my Mum, Clyda May Garland
Tina
Posted on Sunday, November 13, 2011 - 9:51 am:   

Hello anyone, I'm lead to believe that through Catherine Budsworth, my great,great,great grandmother, that Kitty and Joseph were her parents, I'm lead to believe it is Kitty and Joseph but I can find no evidence of the three girls reportedly born to Kitty and Joseph, just heresay. If anyone can help me with info, it would be greatly appreciated.
Tina
june
Posted on Sunday, November 20, 2011 - 12:22 am:   

Hello Tina, Kitty & Joseph Budworth (also spelt Budsworth) had three sons, not daughters. Their son Joseph married Mary (nee Griffin) in Mudgee in around 1857. I do not know what children they had. Their son Joseph married Catherine (nee Ryan) in 1867 and I believe they had 10 children. You can search B, D & M and Ancestry.Com for information.
Michelle
Posted on Wednesday, August 27, 2014 - 9:48 pm:   

Hello Tina
I have proof that Catherine Budsworth who married Joseph Stafford was Joseph Budsworth and Kitty's first born . She was born 1 Jun 1832 on the Liverpool Plains NSW, married Joseph Stafford at Tambaroora in 1852. She then married Richard Kendall and died 26 Aug 1906 in Sydney she was buried under the name Catherine Kendall on the 28 Aug 1906 in Rookwood..
Michelle
Catherine short
Posted on Sunday, August 31, 2014 - 6:36 pm:   

Hi,,I'm glad you have proof Michelle.. My mother's grandfather was Joseph and Catherine s son.John Allan born 1857....he married Mary Ann Blackman..
Michelle Flynn
Posted on Tuesday, September 09, 2014 - 2:13 am:   

Hi Catherine my great grandparents were John Allen Stafford and Mary Ann Blackman too . Their youngest son Alfred George Stafford born 1906 in Binnaway was my grandfather . I have just gifted a of my grandfathers life to Aiatsis and we are in the process of putting it all together so that it is available to everyone . I will email you
steve stafford
Posted on Monday, October 20, 2014 - 11:55 pm:   

Hi Catherine and Michelle
Michelle already know of my link to the family. My grandfather was Edwin Bruce Stafford one of Alfred okder brothers. Has anybody gone back to research John Stafford. My father was name after my great grandfather John Allan Stafford.
steve stafford
Posted on Tuesday, October 21, 2014 - 12:09 am:   

Hi Brien
We are related. My grandfather was Edwin Bruce Stafford. His father was John Alan Stafford and mother Mary Ann Blackman.
Steve
michelle
Posted on Wednesday, October 22, 2014 - 2:00 pm:   

its nice to have made so many new connections. I have emailed back to Catherine and Tina with no response , maybe the emails didn't come thru. I have emailed Steve and met Brien in person .Thank-you Brien for all your help and sharing of information . I wouldn't have come this far without your contributions .Please keep in touch everyone and if you get a chance go into see the Stafford at Aiatsis in Canberra. Michelle
Rosemary
Posted on Wednesday, August 12, 2015 - 7:26 pm:   

hi , my name is Rosemary my Mother is Janice Holland nee Budsworth, her father is Wilfred Ernest Budsworth,son of Agnes (or Agatha ) Budsworth who was the daughter of Catherine Ryan and James Bowen Budsworth son of Kitty and Joseph Budsworth.
just trying to find out more information on my family background if anyone could help please ??
Nichole Lawson
Posted on Sunday, March 12, 2017 - 12:04 am:   

Hi guys, came across this as I'm searching for my descendants, ahistoryofaboriginalsydney.org.au informed me that my descendants are kitty and a guringai women..does anyone have any information regarding kitty's mother/grandmother and if she's a guringai women..
Kane
Posted on Sunday, March 26, 2017 - 11:23 pm:   

Re Joseph Budworth or Budsworth's son Joseph, who married Mary Griffin at Mudgee in 1857, this Mary later married one George Cain, she was known as Mary Jane Cain and died in 1929.
Kane
Posted on Sunday, March 26, 2017 - 11:25 pm:   

Nichole, I hope that you are searching for your ancestors, not descendants.
JoRose
Posted on Wednesday, June 14, 2017 - 11:00 am:   

hi Kane do you have any more info on the Budsworth family?
Michelle
Posted on Monday, August 28, 2017 - 10:59 pm:   

Hi everyone just checking in I've changed my email address
Michelle.flynn

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: