Sarah Drake born in 1805 in Bradford ... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Discus » Drake genealogy » English - UK Drakes » Devon UK Drakes » Sarah Drake born in 1805 in Bradford in Devon UK « Previous Next »

Admin (Admin)
Username: Admin

Posted on Friday, October 08, 2010 - 8:04 am:   

Friday, 5 March 2010 12:48 AM

Hi Roy,

In searching the internet I came across the “Drake Family Genealogy” page and noticed that there were people such as me looking for information on their “Drake” ancestors.

My “Drake” was a Sarah Drake born in 1805 in Bradford in Devon UK (this is questionable as I can’t verify the information I have) and was charged with stealing at Salford in 1829 and again at Lancaster in 1831 and subsequently convicted and received 14 years imprisonment and then sent to Australia on the “Pyramus” landing on 5 March 1832. Convict records in NSW Archives verify this.

She married a William Fisher in November 1832 (I have a copy of the marriage certificate) and she passed away 10 February 1869 (I also have a copy of her death certificate) and would dearly like to get some information about her birth.

She is a GGGGrandmother of mine.

Hoping someone is able to help as I understand before 1837 such records were held by respective churches in the UK and it’s difficult to know where to start.

If anything is required (if I have such information) please contact me at bl5555@tpg.com.au

Thank you for any assistance you are able to give.

Kind Regards,

Barry Lees

Sorry Roy, I understand she also used the name of Mary Howcraft or Howcroft.

Barry

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: