Elizabeth Drake born abt 1807 Ratclif... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Discus » Drake genealogy » English - UK Drakes » London UK Drakes » Elizabeth Drake born abt 1807 Ratcliff Highway London « Previous Next »

Admin (Admin)
Username: Admin

Posted on Tuesday, April 03, 2012 - 9:14 am:   

PETER RUSSELL <admin has contact details>
Thursday, 23 February 2012 2:43 AM

Hi, I am looking for the parents of the above.

I have the one I want whom married William Brazier in Oct 1832, she was widowed by now and married in the name of Elizabeth Ford, her sons are shown in 1841 as Benj and Hennry Ford

Records show that a Benjamin Drake Ford was bap by William and Elizabeth Ford in Sep 1829.

So far so good, I then find that a Francis Drake has a will dated Jan 1830 leaving his estate to wife Ann and daughter Elizabeth Drake, whom it appears was born about 1809 as per bap records at St Mary Whitechapel.

However in 1830 our Elizabeth Drake was married to Benjamin Ford.

Do you know of any other records of an Elizabeth Drake born in Ratcliff Highway at about 1807 please.

Cheers Peter Russell.
Teresa Breathnach
Posted on Tuesday, April 10, 2012 - 10:16 pm:   

Hi Peter

I think I may have the census details of this woman until her death in the 1880s in Bethnal Green, but you may well have these? I will find them for you if not. Are you related to her?

Teresa
Teresa Breathnach
Posted on Friday, June 15, 2012 - 2:49 am:   

I have two Elizabeth Drakes baptised in Whitechapel around this time. One is in 1809 (father is Frances, mother Ann) and another in 1812 (father Benjamin, mother Elizabeth). A cousin has also come across the baptism of an adult Elizabeth Drake, along with two siblings, (I think in St Leonard's Shoreditch in the 1820s), which might also be her. The Elizabeth Drake (later Ford/Brazier) is my gr x 4 grandmother and I would be greatful for any further info on her if you had it. Thanks!

Teresa

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: