Drake family from North Tawton Devon UK Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Discus » Drake genealogy » English - UK Drakes » Devon UK Drakes » Drake family from North Tawton Devon UK « Previous Next »

Admin (Admin)
Username: Admin

Posted on Monday, October 01, 2012 - 8:04 am:   

frances davies <famedavies1@hotmail.com>

Dear Sir,
My third great Grandfather was Richard Drake and lived in North Tawton he was born in North Tawton 1751-1851 . His father and Mother were Richard Drake and 1738-1796 and Ann Fewing1739-1826 thy were both borne in North Tawton. We were always told as children that we were related to Sir Francis Drake , but the only connection I can find is that Mary Mylwaye Wife of Edmond Drake is suppose to be my first Cousin 11 thimes removed. I know Sir Francis Drake had no children but I am wondering if we could possibly be related as one of his decendent of one of his brothers? My Great Great Great Grandfather Richard Drake owned the properties called Piessed Week, Hodges Week, and a property in North Tawton by the name of Hollamores .
yours faithfully
Frances Davies
( Mrs F.A.m.E.Davies)

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: