Hannah Drake b1765 wife of John Dixon... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Discus » Drake genealogy » English - UK Drakes » Leicestershire UK Drakes » Hannah Drake b1765 wife of John Dixon of Castle Donington « Previous Next »

Admin (Admin)
Username: Admin

Posted on Friday, June 28, 2013 - 9:04 am:   

Thursday, 23 May 2013 12:29 AM
Norman and Diane Hewston <norman_dianeh@hotmail.com>

Hello Roy,
I have just been looking at your Drake website as this is a name I have in my ancestry and am following up.

My branch appears to have, (as far as I can tell) originated in Leicestershire: at least as far as I can track them. No doubt you have many of this surname on your system which are unconnected to your own, or even from this area?

What I have so far is as follows:

Hannah Drake b1765 wife of John Dixon of Castle Donington Leicestershire.
Her father was Joshua Drake 1731-1812 of Weeford Staffordshire who married Sarah Done in 1755 at Castle Donington.
Joshua Drake was the son of Joshua Drake bapt 1696 who married Ann Oatley of Castle Donington.
Joshua senior was apparently the son of Thomas (b1657) & Elizabeth Drake of Muston Leicester, who in turn was the son of Robert (b1640) & Sarah Drake also of Muston Leicestershire.

This is all I have so far. The dates of course are only approximate.
If you have any details on any of these individuals or Drakes in this area, I would be very obliged if you could help me out in any way.

Kind Regards

Norman Hewston

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: