My John Drake died in New Jersey in 1... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Discus » Drake genealogy » American - USA Drakes » New Jersey Drakes » My John Drake died in New Jersey in 1779. « Previous Next »

Vicki
Posted on Thursday, August 22, 2002 - 9:31 am:   

My John Drake died in New Jersey in 1779.
He may have had possibly 2 wives and 16 children.
Magdalena Brouwer and Martha Oldfield are the two names of the woman who could have been his wives.

Does anyone have any documentation regarding either one of these ladies and their marriage to John Drake.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Vicki
Shanna Drake
Posted on Monday, August 26, 2002 - 1:25 pm:   

Info I found:
John Drake was born 11 Dec, 1687
Madaline Brouwer born 8 Mar, 1704
parents - Jacobus Adam Brower
Annetje Bogardus

Only have info about one son:
Jacob Drake - b. 5 sept, 1732
Shanna Drake
Posted on Tuesday, August 27, 2002 - 3:45 pm:   

Also, beware the controversy of the marriage of John Drake and Madaline (or Magdaline). Many claim they were not married and that is offical wife was Martha Oldfield. John Drake had a son named son in 1722.
Shanna
Posted on Tuesday, August 27, 2002 - 3:46 pm:   

John Drake had a son named John in 1722
Drake Porter
Posted on Monday, September 30, 2002 - 11:12 am:   

Was one of the children of your John Drake named Charles? I am looking for Drake's from Piscataway, Schooley Mtn and Hackettstown NJ.
Pamela A.Drake
Posted on Thursday, January 02, 2003 - 10:44 am:   

Does anyone know if any of the NJ.Drake's migrated to MD. before 1810? I'm trying to find out who my 3xgreat-grandparents were. Their son,Thomas Drake, was born in 1810 in MD. before moving to Harrison Co.,OH.. Thomas Drake married Hannah Browning on 25 Jan.1837 in Harrison Co.,OH. Hannah was born circa 1815 in OH. or MD. also to unknown parents or siblings. They moved to Monroe Co.,OH. where they had 10 children. Their names were: William,Benjamin,John,Thomas Carter(my line),George Washington,Mary Elizabeth,Wesley,Frederick,Cassandra & Esther Drake. By the 1870 census most of the family had moved to Wapello Co.,IA.Only William,George & Thomas Carter Drake remained in OH..

Thanks for any help!

Sincerely,

Pam Drake
s. drake
Posted on Monday, February 24, 2003 - 8:40 pm:   

Thomas Drake b. 1810, son of John Zephaniah Drake b. 1761, son of Zephaniah Drake b. 1737, d. 1823 in Mongaup, sullivan cty, NY.

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: