Charles H. Drake Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Discus » Drake genealogy » American - USA Drakes » Ohio Drakes » Charles H. Drake « Previous Next »

Bob McKinney
Posted on Friday, June 03, 2005 - 11:21 am:   

Charles Henry Drake b.11May1859 West Jefferson, Madison Co.,Ohio m.Fannie Aretha Beaver 30June1887. d. 21Mar1923 Columbus, Ohio. bb. Plain City, Ohio. They had 7 children of which 6 reached adult years: Iona May Drake Crawford McKinney, Clarence Drake, Anna Drake Farris, Albert Leo Drake, Reed Drake and Marvel Drake Sines. Iona, Albert and Marvel had issue. Charles H. Drakes father was a Samuel Drake b. cira.1813 and married to an Elizabeth b. cira. 1836. I am seeking information on Samaul and/or Elizabeth. I am Albert Drakes grandson who was adopted by Iona Drake Mckinney so in the 'natural sense these would be my GGrandparents.Again, any help in extending this line back would be appriciated. Bob
Roy Andrews
Posted on Monday, June 13, 2005 - 7:16 am:   

Subject: Re: [DRAKE] Charles Henry Drake b.11May1859 West Jefferson, Madison Co.,Ohio
Date: Saturday, 11 June 2005 3:50 PM

Roy and Bob,

Charles and his family was in West Canaan, Madison CO,
OH on the 1860 Census, pages 46 & 47. He's living
there with his parents, Samuel and Elizabeth and
siblings: Samuel, James, George, Aaron, Salmon, and
Ellen J.

In 1850, there was a Samuel and Elizabeth Drake in
Fallsberry, Licking, OH, p. 365. There was another
Samuel, about the same age (both men were born in VA
ca 1811) in Columbus Ward 1, Franklin, OH, p. 396.
This is probably the 1 you want, since he has a son
Samuel about the right age to be the younger Samuel on
the 1860 Census. Check them both out, and good luck.
Let me know if you need more help.

Barb Marshall
larry drake
Posted on Sunday, September 04, 2005 - 7:14 am:   

I believe the Samuel Drake in Columbus in the 1850 census referenced above was the son of Lewis Drake of Belmont County Ohio and the brother of George W. Drake listed next to him in the census. There was a Keturah Drake in the household who was much older than he was so she was probably his mother. Lewis Drake died in 1831 in Belmont County without a will. I have a probate document form Belmont County giving Keturah as the administratrix of his estate. The children in the household (Samuels) must have been from a previous marriage. Keturah was born in Maryland and Lewis probably in Virginia.In the 1880 census the parents of Joel Drake, my gr,grandfather,were so listed. I am fairly sure he was Samuels younger brother.
Elizabeths last name may have been Conway, as my family records list her as Lewis s wife ,but the records could have been confused somewhere along the line.
I also have in my records that Lewis had a son named George Washington , whowas probably the George W. referenced above.
There is no Keturah Drake in the 1840 census, so she must have been in another household. She would have been 40-50 at the time.
Larry Drake
Roy Andrews
Posted on Monday, September 19, 2005 - 6:45 am:   

To: "Roy Andrews" <roy@xroyvision.com.au>
Subject: Re: Charles H. Drake
Date: Monday, 5 September 2005 1:59 AM

Thanks for al your help. You got me to Virginia but as Larry points out
Ohio is a difficult place for Drake searches. It seems so many lines of
the family crossed in Ohio settling there or moving on to greener
pastures. Bob
Leslie Dennison
Posted on Thursday, September 22, 2005 - 3:04 am:   

Im the great grand daughter of Walter Drake of California. He owned a company that drilled oil wells in the South China Sea, Borneo etc. His father was Charles Drake. He was a doctor in Santa Barbara. My Grandmother, Laura Drake had told me that her father, Walter, had researched a family tree to one of Sir Francis Drakes brothers.

I am interested in learning how to obtain this information. Do you have any tips?

I do have photos dating back to the mid 1800's
Bob McKinney
Posted on Monday, November 07, 2005 - 7:50 am:   

Leslie, My Ggrandfather Charles Henry Drake had four sons: Clarence,Albert(my Natural Grandfather),Reed and Floyd. Only Albert had issue..Two daughters Catherine and my birth mother Vivian Ruth. Your Walter must be the son of Another Charles Drake. The name "Walter" is found repeated in several Drake lines.

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: