Hill End Gathering Group January News... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Discus » Australian genealogy and useful links » Hill End & Tambaroora Gathering Group » Hill End Gathering Group January Newsletter 2011 « Previous Next »

Admin (Admin)
Username: Admin

Posted on Thursday, February 10, 2011 - 8:12 am:   

Dear all,
Attached is the January issue of our Group Newsletter.

In it are all the details for the upcoming Gathering at Rhodes Park on 5th March. We look forward to catching up with as many of you as can possibly join us on the day, and don't forget to bring the family.

We are  happy to announce that we have produced a new publication, a small book, titled "The Miners' Friend" which gives a brief biography of Louis Beyers and also outlines our project for marking his final resting place at Mt Morgans in Western Australia. I was fortunate enough to be invited to speak to Ian MacNamara on ABC Radio, Australia All Over program on 19th December and as a result have had quite a bit of interest from people who heard it. Ordering details are on the last page of the newsletter.

We have been tidying up our contact details and mailing lists as well in the past few days so I hope we have managed to get everyone's email addresses correct etc. Please remember to let us know if you change it as we usually get a few emails returned to us as the address is no longer valid.

Easter is always a great time to visit Hill End and this year is no exception. There is always plenty to do around the village and as Easter is a bit later this year the weather should be lovely, with all the Autumn leaves etc. Drop in to teh Royal Hall and see us at the Market!

The Newsletter is is in Acrobat format and you will need Adobe Acrobat reader to access the file. If you do not already have this program then it can be freely downloaded from http://get.adobe.com/reader/ .

If you do not wish to download Adobe or are unable to open the attachment please contact me by return email so I can send a very basic version of the newsletter via email however it will be without photos and forms etc.

I also undertake to use this mailing list only for material relating to the Gathering Group. It will not be made available to any commercial or other parties unless relating directly to Hill End and Tambaroora matters and/or appropriate family history information.

If you do not wish to receive our publications  then please reply to this email with the message "unsubscribe" in the Subject heading and in the text of the message.

Regards
Lorraine Purcell
Convener
Hill End & Tambaroora Gathering Group
Gwen Corner
Posted on Friday, March 30, 2012 - 10:21 am:   

Hi Lorraine,
Heard on ABC about the group and your efforts.
Am looking for info on Edward Craig Corner a teacher at Tamboroora in 1874. Mentioned in Hill End Story by Harry Hodge page 182 "Bowen Street also was the address of a private school which had a brief existence under the control of Edward Corner in 1874" A child was born at Orange. Wife was Catherie Sophia Ann D'Arcy.
Are there Hill End school photos of that time? (Telegraph 23/5/2008 shows unnamed man and children at Hill End Public School in 1872)
We own Broombee Organic Wines in Apple Tree Flat near Mudgee and love our local history.
Thank you for your efforts,
Gwen Corner
Broombee Organic Wines
Mudgee.
Valerie Gray
Posted on Saturday, September 08, 2012 - 9:06 pm:   

My ancestors came from Hill End. James Ross was a miner in Hill End and organised to have Bleak House there moved. I have been told he knew Holterman but dont know how true that is.

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: