Drake of Fayette co. PA 1770-1793 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Discus » Drake List » Drake of Fayette co. PA 1770-1793 « Previous Next »

Arthur Baum
Posted on Thursday, May 07, 2009 - 8:14 am:   

My ancestor, John Drake (1750-1825)is genetically connected to the Isle of Wight co. VA Drakes but NOT a descendant of them. He is probably descended from the Westmoreland co VA Drakes. He appears in Georges township, Pennsylvania, Fayette co.(also claimed by Virginia) abt 1775 where he married Rebecca Heady and began his family. The 1787 tax lists include a Samuel Drake household and a Sarah Drake (widow) household. These 3 households appear on the 1790 census also.
I believe that John Drake, Samuel Drake, and the late husband of Sarah Drake were brothers and all sons of a Francis Drake who signed a petition to subdived Yohogania co. VA in 1778. This is the identical geographic area. I have DNA for my Drake line. What we need is DNA from descendants of either Samuel Drake or his late brother.

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: