Richard Sutton 1849-1913

Richard was born at Glennies Creek,near Singleton and baptised at St. Clements Church Camberwell and was educated at a half way school near his home at Glennies Creek. He married his cousin Mary Andrews at Gunnedah on the 12 October 1882 and in about 1889 Richard went to Yetman and bought 1000 acres of the property ‘Blue Nobby’ and called it ‘Glenlyon’. Richard had a family of eight children who were brought up on the property and he remained on the property until the time of his death on the 4 May 1913. The property was left to his wife Mary who later remarried and after her death the property was left solely to his youngest son Job.