Singleton family surname Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Discus » Singleton, NSW, Australia FHS » Singleton family surname « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
and another Reapeth, Ben Singleton 1788-1853 PioneerGabrielle Singleton08-10-15  5:05 pm
benjamin singletonVal Smith09-01-08  4:00 pm
Jolley familyPhyll Lansley06-10-13  7:39 pm
GI-DAY ANNIEdonald singleton01-03-11  9:49 pm
Rev William Singleton/ Kilmore Victoria,AustraliaJudy Stoeve12-31-11  3:56 am
James Knell - A Stubborn May by Graham JohnsonAdmin 04-29-14  1:28 pm
James SingletonFrank holland05-26-17  6:31 pm
  Start New Thread        

Patricia Ann Singleton Jandt
Posted on Wednesday, August 08, 2001 - 3:15 pm:   

I am a Singleton by birth and am curious if you have a listing of Singleton that migrated to the Us. I've seen photos and my father looks like the men in the photos. But I have not yet found where my Singleton's came from. It is a gut feeling. Thanks, Patricia.......
Roy Andrews (Admin)
Posted on Sunday, August 12, 2001 - 3:03 pm:   

Hi there Patricia,
Benjamin Singleton arrived in Sydney on 14 February 1792. He had travelled from England with his family on the Convict Ship the "Pitt". Singleton went on to marry Mary Lane Sherland on 4th February 1811.

On the 5 March 1820, Singleton accompanied John Howes exploration party, and by the 15 March they had arrived at what was to be known as Patricks Plains.

Singleton was rewarded with a grant of land and he took up residence. By 1823 his family (which was to reach 10 children) had joined him and that same year he was appointed District Constable.

In 1836 Benjamin Singleton received the deeds for his 200 acre grant located at the natural ford in the Hunter River - the site known as Singleton.

The fact that he came from the UK could possibly mean
that other Singletons migrated to the USA
edna ellis
Posted on Monday, September 17, 2001 - 10:32 pm:   

Searching for information on the family Jolley from singleton, greta, clarence town.
sharron
Posted on Saturday, January 05, 2002 - 12:11 pm:   

i am seeking any information on Thorleys or Griffiths. Phillip Thorley joined Howe on his search of Patrick Plains.
shane gallagher
Posted on Monday, January 28, 2002 - 6:40 pm:   

Hi

Looking for any information concerning GALLAGHEr)James Francis Gallagher..married ST Patricks Church Singleton 1894)....any help would be appreciated..

can be contacted: RentouleGallagher@bigpond.com
thanks Shne
Anonymous
Posted on Wednesday, March 20, 2002 - 12:45 pm:   

HI
MY G.G.GRANDFATHER WAS SAMUEL HENRY HORNE BORN 1798 NORWICH ENGLAND.DIED SINGLETON.RESPECTED FOR HIS CAPTURE OF BUSHRANGERS AND HIS MANY POSITIONS IN SINGLETON.
HIS DAUGHTER ELIZA CAMPBELL HORNE MARRIED BENJAMIN SINGLETON JUNIOR.
NO ONE HAS EVER FOUND HIS PLACE OF BAPTISM OR HIS PARENTS FOR THAT MATTER BUT I MYSELF HAVE TRACKED IT DOWN AND HAVE COME UP WITH THE GOODS PLUS HIS SIBLINGS.
ANYONE INTERESTED JUST LEAVE A MESSAGE ON THE BOARD AND I WILL GET BACK TO YOU WHEN I CAN.
JoanneCampbell
Posted on Sunday, December 29, 2002 - 10:34 pm:   

Hi
I am the 6x granddaugter of Lucy Lane the mother of Mary Sherland, I was wondering if any one had any information on Lucy herself. Any information will be of great interest thank you.
Roy Andrews
Posted on Thursday, January 09, 2003 - 7:47 am:   

Hi Joanne,
there is a Charles James Lane mentioned in the Singleton pioneer register. B 1815 in the UK.+

The BEST thing to do is write to the Singleton Family History Society at Singleton.
The society is manned by a collection of very keen volunteers and they have
so many records there at the society room. They also do a $10 research of the
records held at the society.

The address is:
Singleton FHS
P. 0. Box 422 Singleton
NSW 2330

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
LIBRARY:
Ground floor,74 George Street, Singleton 2330

Open Mondays 5pm to 8pm, Wednesday 12 noon to 3pm,Saturdays 1 pm to 4pm,
Public Holidays excluded.
Use of Library facilities free to members Non members - $5 per visit.
MEMBERSHIP: Dues commence 1st February each year $25 Single $30 per family.

regards,
Roy Andrews
SFHS webmaster

Singleton FHS http://www.xroyvision.com.au/singleton/sfhspage.htm
genealogy infoseeker: http://www.xroyvision.com.au/genealogy.html
email roy@xroyvision.com.au

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Darlene Porter
Posted on Wednesday, January 22, 2003 - 2:39 am:   

Hi, My name is Darlene Singleton Porter. My grandfather was John Edward Singleton, Jr., d.o.b. February 12, 1912, in McIntosh or Waycross, Georgia. He died September 28, 1979. I don't think he knew who his mother was due to she died in childbirth or soon after his birth. His father's name was John Edward Singleton, Sr. and his grandmother's name was Nancy Holmes. He had two sisters, Diana Golden and Emma Golden. He did have brothers, Caesar, Joe, Henry and others.

If you have any information that can help me find information about my family, please share it with me.
Richard McGee
Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2003 - 6:52 pm:   

My great-grandfather was Richard Singleton nephew of Benjamin Singleton (founder of Singleton). My grandmother Rebecca Singleton was born near Bickham on 28 May 1871 and had her birth registered at Murrurndi NSW according to her birth certificate.

I Would like to know of any living relatives of Richard Singleton(of Tomago) and Sarah Ann (Cates) Singleton of Newcastle. I did find their marriage recorded 2 August 1854 on microfilm in NSW State Library and a list of their children in the data base there. Time constraints prevented me from doing further research when I was in Sydney.

My grandmother Rebecca (Singleton) Rowe did migrate to San Francisco, California in February(?) 1907 with my aunt Nellie and my mother was born April 1907. My grandfather Robert Rowe was a joiner and helped rebuild San Francisco after the 1906 earthquake; he died around 1932.
emmasingleton
Posted on Friday, February 28, 2003 - 9:18 pm:   

hi my name is emma singleton, my great aunt is in the middle of researching my family tree. i was wondering if anyone knows about the singletons who migrated to ireland. thanx Emma
Roy Andrews
Posted on Tuesday, March 04, 2003 - 7:34 am:   

Hi Emma, can you send me your email address so I can respond you your quiry,
Roy
Roy Andrews
Posted on Friday, March 07, 2003 - 6:47 am:   

The best thing to do is join the Singleton family mail List. Instructions are at;
http://lists.rootsweb.com/index/surname/s/singleton.html

This is a discussion area for anyone who has an interest in the surname SINGLETON.
If you are interested in exchanging information on your SINGLETON ancestors or ask questions
about them - this is the place for you.

This may help you in your quest,
regards,
Roy Andrews
LEANNE SAUNDERS
Posted on Friday, May 16, 2003 - 7:22 pm:   

HAS ANYONE ANY INFORMATION ON BENJAMIN WILLIAMS
HE WAS BORN IN JOHN ST SINGLETON AND IS BURIED AT GLENNRIDING HE IS MY GREAT GRANFATHER.HIS MOTHER IS MARY WHO IS BURIED WITH HIM, FATHER WILLIAM WILLIAMS.THANKING ANYONE WITH INFORMATION.
LEANNE
admin
Posted on Saturday, May 17, 2003 - 8:04 am:   

Hi there Leanne, do you have any dates on Benjamin, Mary or William. May be able to help you then.
Roy
Kathleen
Posted on Saturday, June 21, 2003 - 6:15 pm:   

Hi
Can anyone help looking for the marriage of Alfred Rose to Catherine Brennan 1868?
Have been able to track Alfred but now on the search for Catherine.IGI states Singleton 1868.
Any help would be great.
Thanks
Kathy
Jodie Midson
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2003 - 12:52 pm:   

Hi,
PLEASE HELP - I NEED IT!
I'm a rank amatuer at the family history thing but I am keen to explore a family connection to George Benjamin Lloyd (born 31/8/1842), son of Mary Singleton and George Lloyd, grandson of Benjamin Singleton. I would like to gather as much info as possible on both families - Lloyd and Singleton - names and dates of course, but also anectdotal stories and photos or portraits. If anybody has any info/links/tips to share that may help a floundering new family historian I would be most greatful. Trust me, the most basic of advice will probably help me!!!
Anonymous
Posted on Monday, May 24, 2004 - 3:08 pm:   

Hi

I am a direct decendant of George Singleton son. Ben Singleton son of William sington. I am looking for any information. It would be much appreciated. Thanks
Roy Andrews
Posted on Monday, May 24, 2004 - 3:34 pm:   

Hi Anonymous, there is no point posting using "Anonymous" and not using an email address.
If you are worried about your name, make one up.
margaret_pavlju
Posted on Monday, July 05, 2004 - 9:14 am:   

Hi i am a decendant of hannah and William Singleton, via there daughter hannah who married Bellamy, then there daughter Charlotte who married john rogan. I then come down a Rogan line till the last 2 geneations, i live in Adelaide, and slowly gathering information and tree details for my own personal records, however our line is incorrect on net sites.welcome to hear from any other tree members who would like to exchange trees. email margaret_pavlju@aapt.net.au dont forget the underscore line. the hardest thing about this name, is having a town named after them...and weeding out other queries on the town!!! Also if you are a Rogan decendant, re-union is abt 12thJul 2006 in Sydney, either Pitt or Rogans Hill. 200 years! and book is published with a updated version in progress.
Roy Andrews
Posted on Thursday, July 08, 2004 - 4:08 pm:   

Hi there Margaret, thanks for posting your interest on the Discussion Forum, the other
thing to do is write to the Singleton Family History Society at
Singleton.
The society is manned by a collection of very keen volunteers and they have
so many records there at the society room. They also do a $10 research of the
records held at the society.There is so much on the Singleton family at the society,

The address is:
Singleton FHS
P. 0. Box 422 Singleton
NSW 2330
Anonymous
Posted on Friday, July 09, 2004 - 12:47 pm:   

I am extremely interested in this message board. I am not very computer literate and do not have an e-mail address. What i am particularly interested in is why everyone else is interested in it. I have heard stories about "missing money" and "the town of singleton was never paid for"...maybe thats what has everyones interest. I know 20 years ago, there was alot of stuff going on in regards to these issues and i am very familiar with peoples last names on these message boards.
Roy Andrews
Posted on Wednesday, July 14, 2004 - 9:54 am:   

Hi Anonymous ( strange name?),
I think people are interested in the board, not just because of the Singleton surname or town, you will find that many people's ancestors spent their lives in Singleton and district. I wa lucky as 4 sets of my great greats lived and died in the town which makes researching those families very easy and usually a lot of descendents are still in the area.
martha singleton
Posted on Monday, November 01, 2004 - 6:20 am:   

my father was dennis james singleton, one of 12
children, braswell, ga. usa.and his father was
james elija singleton b. 0ct.26,1883. and his father was rev. ezikial j singleton b.jan 16,1856
and we believe his father ???james (jim )singleton b. 1813, we know nothing of how they got into this country. any help will be appreciated. msm
martha singleton
Posted on Monday, November 01, 2004 - 6:22 am:   

my father was dennis james singleton, one of 12
children, braswell, ga. usa.and his father was
james elija singleton b. 0ct.26,1883. and his father was rev. ezikial j singleton b.jan 16,1856
and we believe his father ???james (jim )singleton b. 1813, we know nothing of how they got into this country. any help will be appreciated. msm
Roy Andrews
Posted on Wednesday, November 10, 2004 - 9:39 am:   

Hi there Martha and thanks for the message.

Best bet is;

Cyndis list at;
http://www.cyndislist.com/
It is huge and is dedicated to EVERYTHING genealogy.

The other thing to do is join the Singleton mail List. Instructions are at;
http://lists5.rootsweb.com/index/surname/s/singleton.html

This is a discussion area for anyone who has an interest in the surname SINGLETON
and variations.
Jennifer Overend
Posted on Monday, January 10, 2005 - 10:30 pm:   

Hi Roy
My g.g.grandparents also had ties to Singleton as did my g.grandparents. Their surname was McMenamin and they are buried, along with other family members in the cemetery behind the R.C. church in Singleton.
Have you seen information regarding them on your travels?
Jack Owens
Posted on Sunday, March 27, 2005 - 2:33 am:   

I have recently found a type written manuscript dated 1972 titled "WORLD WAR II - AN AUTOBIOGRAPHY", "Presented in Partial Fulfilment of the Requirements for the Degree of Commerce in University College of The University of Richmond", by JOHN EDWARD SINGLETON, University College of The University of Richmond, 1972. This is an original 87 page typed manuscript (before personal computers). From first glance, the author was born in Richmond, VA, USA in 1925, and served in the navy from 1943 through 1946. From the dates, it appears that he was 47 years old when the document was written. I would very much like to get the document to any interested family member. I realize that this is a New Zealand website, but it seems active with worldwide postings.
Annie Singleton
Posted on Thursday, September 01, 2005 - 12:30 am:   

Hello,
I am seeking information on the parents and siblings of Jack SINGLETON b. 1908 Newcastle. Family lore says he is descended fron Benjamin SINGLETON but I havent been able to get very far. Jack married Ruby Alice FRASER in 1933 Canterbury,NSW.
Appreciate any help, thank you.
Vickie Shears
Posted on Wednesday, September 07, 2005 - 8:03 am:   

I am seeking contact with members of the Singleton family who descend from William & Hannah Singleton. Benjamin was one of their children and I descend from their youngest child Elizabeth.She only had one child that being Eve who married James Matthews my gggrandfather.I do know there was many more children and I am looking to update the family tree and add as many branches as possible.
dorothy cooper
Posted on Wednesday, October 26, 2005 - 2:42 pm:   

Does anyone have information regarding the marriage of Benjamin Singleton b. 1817 Richmond/Windsor who married Eliza Campbell Horne in 1843 Whittingham. Eliza b. 1825, Parramatta,was the daughter of Samuel H. Horne and Elizabeth Evans. I have had a problem in finding if this Elizabeth Evans is the daughter of James Evans,convict on the "Pitt'- the same ship William Singleton travelled on from England. Dorothy.
Colin Parker
Posted on Tuesday, November 22, 2005 - 12:46 pm:   

Hi Dorothy
Yes you are right in all aspects.
I am the G.G. Grandson of Samuel Henry Horne.
Let me know what you need and I will most likely supply it to you.
Just leave a message on the board and I will get back to you.
Tracey Johnson
Posted on Sunday, December 11, 2005 - 6:23 pm:   

Does anyone have any further information of William Singleton snr, convict, of his life once he arrived in Australia, I am his 5th great granddaughter, and would love to be able to add more to my tree for my mother.
Carmen Greatorex
Posted on Monday, January 02, 2006 - 6:36 pm:   

Does anyone have any information on William Singleton Snr, Convict(B ABT 1852), about his life prior to his arrival in Australia. Any any information about his transportation. I believe he was born in Cheshire England and he was married on 8 February 1778 in Manchester Cathedral, Lancashire England. I am also his 5th great granddaughter via his daughter Ann Marie Singleton (B. 25/10/1793) at Sydney Cove. Ann Marie married William Clarke, Convict, on 1/9/1810. I believe that I have identified all of William and Hannah (nee Parkinson b:16.11.1758) children (12 in total), but would be interested to compare my findings with any other descendants. I am also interested in finding out who the parents of William Singleton, Snr, were as well as any siblings. I have only been able to find out limited information about some of William and Hannah's children and would be interested in finding out about these children. They are: Child No. 2 - William Singleton B 17/12/1780 in Lancashire England; Child No. 3 - Elizabeth B 7/7/1782 in Lancashire England (I assume she died in childhood as child no. 12 was also named Elizabeth B. ABT 1806 in Mulgrave Place NSW). I am also seeking information about Sarah Ann Singleton B. 27/8/1786 in Cripplegate London. I have no record of these children after their birth. I would appreciate hearing from anyone with information. Many thanks.
martha singleton
Posted on Friday, May 26, 2006 - 1:05 pm:   

I'm looking for Sara Elizabeth SMith, Hardman,Camp mother (Jane Jennings) & father J J
Smith- Sara was born in Decatur Ga. in May 1838
and her mother Jane died in June 1838. Also I'm
looking for James Samuel Singleton, two children I'm sure of Ezekial James Singleton and John L.
Singleton-Who is the mother of these two sons
and who is James Samuel Singleton b 1813 mother & father.Many thanks
martha singleton
Posted on Friday, May 26, 2006 - 1:05 pm:   

I'm looking for Sara Elizabeth SMith, Hardman,Camp mother (Jane Jennings) & father J J
Smith- Sara was born in Decatur Ga. in May 1838
and her mother Jane died in June 1838. Also I'm
looking for James Samuel Singleton, two children I'm sure of Ezekial James Singleton and John L.
Singleton-Who is the mother of these two sons
and who is James Samuel Singleton b 1813 mother & father.Many thanks
Angela Scott
Posted on Tuesday, June 13, 2006 - 5:33 pm:   

I'm looking for Colin and Rilda Singleton who immigrated to Australia from South Africa in 1997. Does any Singleton out there know them and if so could you email me at scott@cats-net.com I am really wanting to reconnect with them as we were family friends in South Africa.
Sue Connors
Posted on Saturday, December 30, 2006 - 1:48 pm:   

Sarah Singleton. We are related through marriage to Joseph Sibraa son of Sarah and Thomas Sibrey and also through marriage on a different line to Agnes Reynold daughter of Sarah and Edward Reynolds. Would love to hear from anyone who can help
Pete Moore
Posted on Saturday, June 16, 2007 - 6:28 pm:   

The Nsw Bdm records a marriage for William Cooper and Sarah Singleton Reg No: 3142/1870 in the year 1870 at Patricks Plain (Singleton) Nsw

I am very interested to know exactly who is this Sarah Singleton - I do not know her birth details, death details or the names of her parents - or perhaps if she was a widow previously married to a Singleton

The only death registration that I located on the Nsw Bdm for a Sarah COOPER at Scone, NSW:

Death Reg No: 10434/1936
Name: COOPER Sarah
Father: Thomas
Mother: Martha
District: Scone, NSW

Would anyone have any information to identify this Sarah Singleton and to establish if she is a descendant from the convict William Singleton

Many thanks
Peter M
Kincumber NSW
Debbie Nichol
Posted on Wednesday, September 12, 2007 - 11:58 pm:   

My grandmother was born Dorothy Singleton, I believe her year of birth to be 1902. Mother's name Blanche Winifred Singleton, fathers name unknown.Dorothy married Wilhelm Erickson.If anyone could shed some light on this for me I would greatly appreciate it.Thanks Debbie
gailestewart
Posted on Tuesday, March 11, 2008 - 12:28 am:   

I am researching my great great grandmother eva singleton she was married to james matthews in emmaville nsw, she was born about 1842 & had a son james as well.
Arlene Stewart
Posted on Monday, April 21, 2008 - 6:47 am:   

I am researching my great grandfather William Singleton who left Ireland between 1883-1888 to go to America. Unfortunately I have no idea what part of America. I know he was still alive in 1901 as he is on the 1901 census, but on the 1910 census there is no mention of him, therefore I am assuming he died sometime between 1901 and 1910. He did die in America and again I have no idea where he is buried. He left a wife (Sarah Jane), son (Thomas) and daughter (Lizzie) in Ireland. I would appreciate any help.

many thanks
john brasnett
Posted on Thursday, May 08, 2008 - 7:03 pm:   

mary dowling age 4 came out on the pitt 1792 with mrs singleton and ben later 1811 maried john lamb st mathews windsor. no record of john. later married thomas king 1849 scots church sydney.surname recorded dolan.any information appreciated.john brasnett po box 32 condobolin 2877
Merilyn Fabar
Posted on Monday, June 02, 2008 - 11:52 pm:   

I am a descendant of Sarah Maria Singleton who married Thomas Sibree. Ann their daughter had Thomas Farlow (known as Reynolds). He married Sarah Gray and their daughter, Mary Ann Reynolds married Stephen Plumb. These were my gt grandparents. Also please be careful of the information about our William and Hanah's marriage as I sent for this information years ago and gave this information to Laurell Riddler. I am convinced that James is the son of Ann Parkinson who did marry our William and that James stayed in England with his mother and that is why he came out years later. Also on the baptism for William 1880 it states he is base born. I have the copies sent from the miniter from Manchester Cathedral. So I feel Ann Parkinson and our Hannah are two different people. Please contact me on merilyfabar@bigpond.com.au
Lesley Porter
Posted on Monday, June 30, 2008 - 11:51 am:   

Hi Merilyn,
I have just read your message on the ‘message board’ about the possibility that James‘s mother is an Ann Parkinson. So where did the name Hannah come from? I am descended from Hannah Singleton, who married James Zadock Bellamy in 1818 at St Johns, Parramatta.
You wouldn’t be willing to send a copy of the marriage info for William & Ann/Hannah, would you?
And do you have any info on William’s parents & siblings?
I had info passed down to me that James had followed his parents (ie William & Hannah) on the “Aeolus” in 1809 & that he worked with his brother, Benjamin near kurrajong & Wiseman’s Ferry as well as other places.
Hannah arrived on the same ship, the “Pitt” as a free settler with William & some children.
Can you help to clear this up?
thanks
Lesley Porter
holly alessi
Posted on Sunday, May 03, 2009 - 8:12 pm:   

Thomas Sibraa Is my great grandfather and i just found out from a family member living in singleton that he was my great grandfather and somehow he was related or married one of the singletons if anyone knoes any info please emal dj_rhythmz@hotmail.com (i knoe that email sounds dodgy but im 13)
Rebecca Russell
Posted on Tuesday, February 02, 2010 - 11:36 am:   

Hi my name is Rebecca Russell from Australia, I am reseaching my partners family tree. His name is Jarrid Chadwick and I am lokking for information on Richard Singleton from the uk. He married a Sohia Romm who was born in 14/11/1881, Ihave no other info besides the fact that he held a French Croixe De Guar.
cody Singleton
Posted on Saturday, February 13, 2010 - 11:14 am:   

iam looking for Edweand greorge singleton he is my father's grandfarther and i dont know alright about my family so anything helps. he was born it 1923 it think so like i said anthing helps.
cody singleton
Posted on Saturday, February 13, 2010 - 11:15 am:   

i mean EDwarand george singleton sorry folks
cody singleton
Posted on Sunday, February 14, 2010 - 2:25 pm:   

hi my name is cody iam looking in to my family and my dad ask me to find ewrand geroge singleton he his grandfather and any info will help me find were he is or what happen to him we have never seen him.

thank you all cody

if find any info mail me at:

cody.singleton@hotmail.com
marie le bechennec
Posted on Thursday, March 25, 2010 - 10:56 pm:   

Searching any information on great great great grandparents John Adams or Harriett Elizabeth Duffy both married 10th July 1878 in Newcastle. Harriett resided in Singleton at the time of her marriage and was the daughter of James Duffy. Can anyone help me to find more about both their backgrounds and link to the Singleton, Newcastle, Patrick's Plain??I have a feeling that James Duffy might have come out as a convict?? any help would be much appreciated.
Michael Duffy
Posted on Saturday, May 22, 2010 - 3:41 pm:   

I am Michael Duffy the great great grandson of James Duffy who married Mary Anne Sabrina Smith in 1859. Harriet E is the sister of William James Duffy. The whole family group lived in Patrick's Plains. I have marriage,death,birth, employment records for most of the family. I would like to hear from you to share my information.
Regards
Michael Duffy
Asho
Posted on Sunday, July 18, 2010 - 11:56 am:   

I am looking for information on the Ashenden clan in Australia from 1788.
Regards Eric Ashenden
Kerry
Posted on Sunday, July 18, 2010 - 8:24 pm:   

Hi there, does anyone know of the Langhorn family of Patricks Plains? Agnes Langhorn B: 1857 at Abbey Green D: 22nd Jan, 1903 Maitland...her parents were John Langhorn & Elizabeth Conlin....Agnes gave birth to a daughter Ada Jane on the 17th July, 1872, she was 15 years old at the time...can anyone please shed some light on this family...any information would be so helpful...thank you
Cheers
Kerry
Mel
Posted on Saturday, August 07, 2010 - 11:00 pm:   

Hi There, I am trying to find out some information on the son of Samuel Henry Horne - John Thomas Horne. DOB 1832 DOD 1879. He died in Singleton. I am trying to confirm if he is the John Horne who married Rose Anne Hutton and if so if they are the parents of John William Sydney Horne. I know this is most probably too big of an ask!!!!
Thanks if anyone can help me.
Shirley Clark
Posted on Thursday, September 02, 2010 - 9:04 pm:   

I am searching for an Abraham Dowgill with various spelling and Bridget Comerford both convicts, married 1831 lived in the Singleton district Abraham died and is buried Wittingham cemetery Bridget death unknown
Leonard Moore
Posted on Thursday, October 21, 2010 - 8:27 am:   

My father Cyril,Albert Moore was born in Singleton on July 31/1918 to "maybe Edward Moore and Elsie Slack. He then moved to Leicester england and then to Manitoulan Island in Ontario, Canada in 1927. With Albert Arthur Moore and Elizabeth Moore 'Pollard. My fathers sister Phyllis Merle Moore made the move also from England to here. Phyllis may have been born to a Margaret Moore, father unknown in Lismore N.S.W.in 1911.
If any blanks could be filled in on the move to England Our family will be pleased
thank you len
Dot Joiner
Posted on Sunday, January 23, 2011 - 8:49 pm:   

HI there
I'm looking for info on Elizabeth Singleton b. 1839 Lincolnshire who came to Oz with her parents Richard Singleton (b. 1804 Lancashire) and Hannah Speed in 1844 on the "Briton". I believe Richard's parents were William Singleton and Martha Burden. Richard settled around the Stockton area of Newcastle and his daughter Elizabeth married William Thoroughgood in 1862. Any info, hints, pointers, advice, photos (!) very gratefull received. If you are researching the same lines as I am, I am very happy to share. Thanks for looking.
margaret noble
Posted on Saturday, February 05, 2011 - 5:08 pm:   

Hi I have info on The SINGLETON CATES AND GOLLEDGE FAMILY WHICH MAY BE OF HELP
Kerry Wheeler
Posted on Thursday, March 03, 2011 - 8:49 am:   

I am a descendant of Sarah Ann Cates and and Richard Singleton (Their son Walter Singleton was my Great Grand Father). Anyone looking to share info from any branch of the Singleton Tree would be greatly appreciated.
Deveney
Posted on Sunday, March 13, 2011 - 10:47 am:   

Hi, I am looking into my family history. I note that one of my ancestors is James Evans (convict) arrived Australia 1792 on the "Pitt", a ship in the 4th fleet.I have a list of his 7 children. The one that appears last is Eliza (Elizabeth) Evans. I will try to get more info and send to you....Regards....Doug
DONALD SINGLETON
Posted on Monday, May 30, 2011 - 4:10 pm:   

PLEASE. COULD ANYONE THAT KNOWES, AN ANNIE SINGLETON. WHO ON THE 1ST OF SEP 2005. POSTED A SERCH, FOR THE SIBLINGS OF A JACK SINGLETON. COULD YOU PLEASE GET HER TO GET INTOUCH WITH ME. ON THE E-MAIL ADRESS SURPLIED. THANK YOU. PER, DON SINGLETON.
jody wilson
Posted on Sunday, August 07, 2011 - 6:57 pm:   

Hi I am after some information about Hannah Singleton who is the sister to Benjamin Singleton. I know that she married James Bellamy. Any other information or pictures about her for my family tree would be greatly appreciated.
S Johnston
Posted on Tuesday, June 26, 2012 - 8:59 am:   

I am looking for Singleton's who left Ireland in the 1800's descended from Matthew Singleton RM - Newry, Castleblaney etc.
1. son William b 1821 MD Surgeon - January 23 1860, at Hillend House, Clackmannanshire, N.B., Wm. Singleton, Esq., M.D., Surgeon, her Majesty's 47th Regiment, second son of M. Singleton, Esq., R.M.,Castleblaney, county of Monaghan to Margaret Mary Caroline, eldest daughter of Capt. J. C
I can find his wife on census records but no William, he was said to have served in the Civil war USA - Sthn States ? anyone have any records of him?
2. His brother Joseph b 1825 - said to have gone to Australia but I can't find him ..
ring any bells to anyone?
Lynda Carter
Posted on Saturday, November 17, 2012 - 8:54 pm:   

My ancestors were Abraham Dowgill and Bridget Comerford. Their first (and only?) child was Thomas McDougall. He was born in Windsor 1832. He later married Anne Morrison and they were the leasees of the Jerilderie Hotel during Ned's days.I would love to hear from anyone associated with this family
troysingleton
Posted on Sunday, April 14, 2013 - 6:39 pm:   

My great grandfather Allen Singleton, Born Jul 24, 1882 in what he later said on a his draft registeration card as Richland, IN. Does anyone have any info on him. He married Allie Glenn in Caruthersville, MO
leonie bellamy
Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2013 - 5:05 am:   

my g.g.grandparents on my fathers side were hannah singleton and james zadock bellamy they where married nov.1818.i am new at using computer.i have a photo of them don't know how to go about sending photo as yet would love show to all.funny I hear they had a daughter same name as mine.leonie bellamy.and my father looked identical to the now john singleton
Michael Wiseman
Posted on Sunday, February 21, 2016 - 4:40 pm:   

I am a sixth generation direct descendent of Solomon Wiseman (Wiseman's Ferry N.S.W.)Seeking information on any of his descendants particularly my grandfather Percy Melville Wiseman who left the Scone district in about 1918 with rumours he went to Queensland.
Cheryl Hallihan
Posted on Tuesday, November 22, 2016 - 11:42 am:   

I have been researching my family tree for several years now. William John Singleton(my great great great grandfather) arrived here in New Brunswick Canada, sometime in the late 1700's or early 1800's. The story passed down through the generations was that he played an active role in the Irish rebellion of 1798 and only escaped by dressing in womens clothing so he could board a ship coming to canada. He married Mary Donovan in 1829. Mary was also born in Ireland. Together they had 13 children, Mary, Edward, John, Ellen, Judith, Honora, Judith, Johanna, Anne, Bridget, Catherine, William, and Julia. Their fourth born ,John was my great great grandfather. He married Elizabeth Hughes in 1864. Together they had six children. Mary, William, Edward, Anne, John, and Blanche. Edward ( great grandfather) married Elizabeth(Bessie) McCafferty in 1899. Together they had seven children. Bernard, Willis, Clarence, Mary, Clara, Raymond, and Basil. Raymond (grandfather) married Kathleen Manderville in 1933. They had nine children. Eloise, Mary, Ruby, Shirley, Edward, James, Raymond, William, Margaret. i currently live on the original Singleton land that William Singleton claimed when he arrived here over two hundred years ago. My house was built by my grandfather Raymond and my mom was raised here. I am raising my own children here now. I am hoping that some of the names i have listed will make a connection with somebody. I am really interested in finding out where exactly William came from in Ireland. I do know that some of his children moved to America. Any info at all that i can add to this lifelong project of mine would be much appreciated.

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: