1. Teachers each day will fill lamps, trim the wicks and clean chimneys.
2. Each morning teacher will bring a bucket of water and a scuttle of
coal for the day's session.
3. Make yours pens carefully. You may whittle nibs to the individual
taste of the pupils.
4. Men teachers may take one evening each week for courting purposes,
or two evenings a week if they attend church regularly.
5. After ten hours in school, the teachers may spend the remaining time
reading the Bible or any other good books.
6. Woman teachers who marry or engage in unseemly conduct will be
7. Every teacher should lay aside from each pay a goodly sum of his
earnings for his benefit during his declining years so that he will
not became a burden on society.
8. Any teacher who smokes, uses liquor in any form, frequents pool or
public halls, or gets shaved in a barber shop will give good reason to
suspect his worth, intention, integrity and honesty.
9. The teacher who performs his labour faithfully and without fault
for five years will be given an increase of twenty-five pence per week
in his pay, providing the Board of Education approves.